❦ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟𝕖❦

October was always Keith's favorite month for many reasons, but his "number one" reason was that he could enjoy the many different colors that appeared in the leaves as they fell off the branches they once flourished on. With those leaves one could create piles of them and jump into them just to watch them flutter back down to the ground after they'd been launched into the air from the sudden impact of one's weight. However this wasn't Keith's favorite thing to do during the cooler season. No, instead he'd meet up with a close friend of his at their favorite spot within the small yet quaint town they lived in.

     This place was an abandoned house that was once owned by the founder of the town, Altea Grove, but was labeled as a historic site. Nobody in the town bothered to keep it in top condition like most other places would because the founder hardly did anything spectacular other than settle down in this part of the state, so there was really no need to keep it intact. By not keeping an eye on the house, it became the ideal place for kids of all ages to meet up before going off to cause trouble. Though for Keith and his friend, it became their "secret base" where they could play, talk, or tell each other stories (either from other people or from books).

     Today was like any other day for Keith and his friend, so they decided to head over to the old house and play. Keith had gotten there earlier than his friend for once and so he waited for the brunet to show up. After five minutes his friend appeared from the hill and came running down the slope, trying not to trip and fall, to greet his raven-haired friend. Upon reaching his friend, the brunet grabbed hold of Keith's wrist and pulled him inside the house as he continued to run. Both of the boys giggled and laughed as they entered the abandoned house and shut the door behind them.

     Keith was excited, just as his friend was, to play with the brunet and share stories like they always did. As they ran up the stairs to find the string that hung onto a latch which led to the attic, Keith called out to his friend.

     "What are we going to do once we get inside our top secret base, Lance?"

     The brunet, Lance, looked behind himself haphazardlessly as he continued to run up the stairs. "I've got a new story to tell you Keith! That and I also want to share my dream with you!" Lance had to duck his head as he appraoched a beam that had fallen ages ago as he spoke. "It's so cool you won't believe it!"

     Keith beamed a bright smile upon hearing this. He always enjoyed listening to his friend's stories, goals, and dreams but to learn that this dream of his might be much more interesting than the rest was enough to fuel Keith to catch up with Lance's speed.

     Finally the duo had found the string, pulled it down, and climbed the folded wooden ladder that presented itself. Once they had climbed inside the attic, Lance closed the latch and rushed over to a worn down toy box to pull out a plastic spaceship. This toy was the brunet's favorite toy from the whole box that was abandoned along with the house. As he began playing with it Keith went over to the same box to find something for himself, but to no avail could he find anything. Upon giving up on finding a toy for himself, Keith shut the toy box and sat atop of it instead so he could watch Lance play enthusiastically with the toy he found.

     After watching his friend play for a while, Keith cleared his throat before he decided to speak up. "Hey Lance, what were you going to tell me?"

     Lance stopped playing for a few seconds as he looked behind his shoulder before continuing to make spaceship noises and slowly backing up to see his raven-haired friend, making his toy spaceship fly in a figure eight pattern in the air above his head.

     "You know how my favorite toy from that toy box is this space shuttle?" Keith nodded in acknowlodgement, wearing an ever growing smile. "Well, when I grow up I want to be an astronaut!"