❦ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣❦

Keith stared at the brunet with growing curiosity and widening eyes. Surely I'm not the one this guy is looking for. I mean, that's what Katie said right? That he was looking for someone? The raven couldn't wrap his head around it so he settled for a short reply rather than try to dig too deep into the context of it all.

     "Sorry, what?"

     The brunet blinked a couple times before beginning to rub the back of his neck. "Oh! What I mean is that, um, I'm looking for some flowers that'll last. You know, for a while." He chuckled nervously.

     In all honesty the brunet was hurt upon getting the reaction he did from the raven. He was hoping for an entirely different one, but he knew that there was a small chance that after all these years Keith wouldn't remember him. It didn't help the wound hurt any less though.

     "Pretty much all of these flowers will 'last for a while.' If you have a message in specific you'd like to address through the flower language, then I can see what I can do. If not, then beat it."

     "Well that's kinda harsh, don't you think?"

     "Not my fault you remind me of someone I've been trying to forget."

     This took the brunet a few seconds to process before he could even formulate a response. "... I remind you of someone?"

     "Yeah, but it was a long time ago." Keith decided to stop there and get back to business. "Anyway, either give me something to work with or get lost."

     The brunet didn't want to lose his chance, or chances, at figuring out if this really was the person he'd been looking for so he quickly set his mind to work. "I guess my message would be that I'm longing for you... I mean, for someone! Like it's addressed to that person, not you!"

     "I get it, so calm down." Keith couldn't help but let out a small chuckle upon seeing his "savior" getting this flustered. He then walked out from behind the counter, hand to his chin, and began pondering on what flower would carry the message the best. "Longing for you, huh? Let's see..."

     As Keith went down an aisle to look over some different flowers, the brunet stayed by the counter just to eye the raven some more to try and determine if his hunch was right. Either the raven was indeed the person he'd been looking for or he was someone who was just like him, he couldn't know for certain unless he revealed himself. As much as he didn't want to go throwing his name out there and possibly scare off the person he was looking for, he didn't have much choice with the raven right in front of him.

     The whole time he looked through the flowers, Keith knew the brunet was staring at him. He found it odd an a bit uncomfortable but he decided not to make a big deal out of it here at his favorite work place. He had finally found the perfect flower that would get the brunet's odd message across, so he got busy in picking them out and wrapping the stems in the decorative plastic wrapping. He tied it closed, after getting some water inside as well, with a ribbon before heading back over to the cash register to put in the order and then coming up with the final price.

     "That'll be $5.00 exact."

     "I've only got a five again- Wait, huh?"

     "Seriously? I assumed you'd have more money on you after the last time I rung the flowers up, but to think I actually did you another solid. World must be ending 'cause wow am I the lowest human scum right now."

     "Huh?! That's not true! Sheesh. Anyway, here's that five and thank you again for the flowers."

     Keith placed the money inside the machine before closing the drawer and watching the brunet walk toward the doors to leave. Something inside the raven needed to know something, so without much forethought he leaned on the counter trying to get the customer's attention.