❦ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕖𝕟❦

After sharing a large pizza with his friends, Keith decided to go on his own to try out the roller rink seeing as Hunk and Pidge wanted to get back to playing their favorite games and try out the newer ones as well. The raven was thankful that Lance didn't bother to join him on the rink, at first, but it was quickly stripped away from him.

     Lance wanted to take advantage of this night by not only rekindling his friendship with Hunk and Pidge, but in rebuilding the damage he had caused with his relationship with Keith. He knew the raven wasn't going to forgive him so easily, that much was made crystal clear, but he still wanted to try. It was a long shot, but Lance was a sharpshooter and when he set his heart on something, he made sure his shot aimed true. After the pizza, of which Keith obliged in talking to him alongside their friends, the brunet watched as Hunk and Pidge went back to the arcade and Keith as he made his way for the roller rink. He didn't think the raven had been one for skating of any kind, but you learn something new everyday.

     The brunet figured skating wouldn't be as bad as surfing, but boy was he wrong. As soon as he managed to put his heavy skates on and make his slow and wobbly way to the rink, he just about nearly fell over on himself just as Keith was passing him by for the tenth time. The raven turned around on his blades only to see Lance make a complete fool of himself trying to stand with skates on his feet. It took everything he had to not point and laugh out loud -- the poor soul was tortured enough as it was -- so, instead, he settled for a smug grin on his face as he slowly approached the tumbling Lance.

     "Having fun yet, shark?"

     This made Lance look up once his hands fiercely grabbed onto the siding. "Alright, laugh it up."

     "Oh, trust me, I already have, but we can't have you tripping over the children trying to learn and succeeding where you've failed," Keith pointed toward an oncoming wave of children learning to skate behind Lance before offering his hand to the brunet. "Come on, you oversized baby."

     Lance didn't have time to register what was going on as Keith had taken both his hands, rather harshly, and began pulling him away from the safety of the siding of the rink. Though they weren't so graceful compared to the others their age flying past them, Keith wasn't going to let Lance's pride be hurt by not knowing how to skate -- he wanted to hurt that pride himself. He gave the brunet specific instructions that even one of the children would be able to understand, but even that proved to be difficult.

     "Seriously?! How are you not getting it? Look," Keth pointed to a child who was struggling the most out of the group of them, who was now skating without a brace to aid him in staying up-right. "He got it, and he's literally ten years younger than you!"

     "Hey, you were the one who decided to help me, so don't you start yelling at me about it."

     "Because I'm not having your ass beat by a child, you dumbass -- it's sad enough watching you struggle far worse than they did."

     Though the insult stung, Lance was at a loss for words when the raven spoke to him. "Is this your way of looking out for me?" Lance dared to ask this, though he had an idea what Keith's response would be.

     The anticipated scoff and roll of the eyes followed by the predicted reply, "Not in a million years, jackass." However, the brunet was not prepared for the raven to shove him away -- back into the siding of the rink -- and skate away with the crowd. As if to add salt to the wound, Taylor Swift's We Are Never Getting Back Together began to play. It was as if life was taunting him for his screw ups; constantly reminding him that no amount of atonement would fix what was already torn apart. However, Lance was a determined son of a bitch, so regardless how many times Keith knocks him down and rejects him, he'll continue to get back up again and again.