❦ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥❦

He doesn't remember much of what happened the rest of Sunday night. All he can remember is this: he finally made his bed and fixed his room some more, threw the gifts Lance brought into the deepest part of his closet, being downstairs and eating Ritz crackers and drinking cheap beer straight from the bottle, and hopping onto the couch and loudly announcing his sexuality (even though everyone there, Hunk and Pidge and Shiro, had already known what it was). Though the beer he had to drink that night wasn't completely alcoholic, Keith could definitely feel some kind of buzz; he summed it up to having a bit too much to drink... even though six bottles would definitely do one in. Come Monday morning the raven had a bit of a hangover and was less than friendly. Shiro prescribed him a couple Aspirin before he was "allowed" to leave the house for school, the older brother almost having called the school to keep Keith home to recooperate.

     Usually October would be the raven's favorite month what with everyone preparing their houses for Halloween and the school's students putting together a contest of scariest room. It was also the only time when people would actually talk with him since his class has been the first place winner for three consecutive years now; his ideas were always inspired by movies or comics and from there he'd ham it up by picking out the materials and items his class would need to pull it off, but always keeping the price and budget in check. Keith quite enjoyed it despite being the "popular" kid for only a few weeks, but right now he didn't feel like his usual spark was with him like it always was and he could only think of one person who was responsible... at least who he wanted to be responsible.

     Walking through the halls was unbearable as always, but again, at least no one was shoving him around like they normally would. This'll only last a couple more weeks anyway, so minus well make the most of it... again... Keith finally made it to his locker, exchanged the textbooks and notebooks from his bag with the ones in his locker, then shut the door and shouldered his bag to make his way to his homeroom. Holding this contest was actually his idea to begin with since he felt the school needed something other than home games to keep up school spirit, but no one knows who offered up the idea because Keith was sure that if they all knew they wouldn't participate. He didn't mind it though -- it made it so this whole contest was something entirely for him and him alone in that sense.

     Of course, there was some arguments against it by the faculty and the biggest debate was which classrooms would be used. The raven's solution was simple and was the easiest debate he had to answer: simply use the student's homerooms. Everyone had a homeroom at different times so it made the most sense, so once that was cleared up the rest was history.

     Keith entered his homeroom with caution out of habit before some group of guys -- presumably in charge of all things paint related based on their red tinted hands and coveralls borrowed from the art club -- walked up to him and immediately started asking him for advice and which shades of red to use. Any other time they would be friendly enough regardless, but being the loner of the class Keith felt out of place around them. Plus, they reminded him too much of him. He shook those thoughts away, hoping for this contest to distract his mind from what happened the day before. However, that was only a temporary solution upon hearing someone laughing in the back of the class. No. Please, God, no.

     "It's so good to have you back man, I'm telling ya!"

     "Yeah? Well it definitely doesn't feel like home to me anymore; got too used to all the sun and waves down south."

     "Lance, you gotta tell us: were there some really good looking chicks down in Cuba? Please tell us, we gotta know!"

     "Hey, you want to know then go down there yourself and find out."