Chapter 13

Tanvi

Tanvi

"Anu, I need to talk to you" nani entered the living room where Reyansh and I were sitting. I got worried but listened.

"Your mamu went to get Reyansh's massi ji. And since you are her daughter-in-law you have to cook for her and wear a suit." I could see that she was worried.

I kept my hand on her's.

"Don't worry nani. Everything will be fine " I reassured her.

"I hope so," she said before exiting the room.

Massi ji can't be so bad. At least not as bad as my dad's massi.

"Reyansh, do you and Hoor like your massi?" I curiously asked. Why am I even talking to him?

"We all stay out of the house when she comes" he laughed.

"Of course you do" I rolled my eyes. I got up and went to my room to get ready.

🖤🖤🖤

I am wearing a pink floor-length Anarkali and Hoor is wearing a purple dress.

"We're here" mamu yelled from downstairs.

I grabbed my dupatta from the bed and held Hoor's hand.

We walked downstairs to see a cheery woman standing by the couch.

"Massi" Reyansh hugged her. I smiled at the scene.

"You're Reyansh's wife?" Massi asked me when she pulled away from Reyansh. I hesitantly nodded. She's literally glaring daggers into my soul.
"You are one lucky girl to marry my Ansh"

Rude!

"Thank you" I whispered before bending down to get her blessing.

"Massi, why didn't you come to our wedding?" Reyansh asked.

"Anita had a daughter so I got busy with that" she replied as she sat down on the couch.

"Anita di had a daughter?" Naman came down the steps.

"Yes. Her daughter looks just like her. So precious" Massi ji put her hand over her heart.

"Sit you two" Massi ji said referring to Reyansh and me.

We sat down.

Massi ji took some cash from her purse and put it in my dupatta.

"Massi ji, what's the need for this?" I asked. Just look at it. It's 101 dollars. I can't accept this.

"I wasn't at your wedding so this is shagun" she shut me up.

Reyansh and I thanked and hugged her.

"Let me go get some sweets," I said before heading over to the kitchen.

I brought some gulab jamuns since they are Hoor's, favorite sweets.

"Didi, I'm home" Kirna entered the house.

"How come you never say Naman bhai I'm home?" Naman asked.

"Because Reyansh veerji and di are nice, unlike you Cheapde" she snapped back. They started arguing.

I miss arguing with Karan.

"Guys, stop arguing. Kirna look who is here" Yuvraj stopped them from arguing.

"Aunty" Kirna nervously said before going to hug massi ji.

Yuvraj and Naman started laughing for some reason.

I slapped the back of Naman's head for him to stop and shot a glare at Yuvraj.

"Bahu, go make me chai" massi ji said after she sat on the couch. I nodded before scurring into the kitchen.

"I had to get blessed by being the daughter-in-law of this lady" I muttered.

At least you still have mami, my mind retorted. I rolled my eyes.

"Di! Hoor is crying!" Gunu shouted.

I quickly called Kirna to the kitchen to watch over the tea.

I ran upstairs to Hoor's room.

I picked her up and set her on my hip.

"Hush, bacha, mumma is here" I caressed her hair. After some time, she stopped crying.

I took her downstairs.

"Can you hold her, I need to go in the kitchen?" I asked Reyansh. He smiled and nodded.

"Women watch their children and the house" massi ji retorted.

"Hoor is our daughter and it is our job to equally take care of her" he curtly replied. I smiled before walking back to the kitchen. Kirna was talking to someone on the phone.

"No...is she okay...that's good...everyday"

Who is she talking to now?

"Who are you talking to?" I mouthed.

"Karan" she replied. I nodded before starting to put the tea in cups.

I walked outside and started handing out the cups.

"Bahu, get namkin with the chai" I gave massi ji a tight smile and nodded.

🖤🖤🖤

Dinner is done! Damn! I feel bad for massi ji's daughter-in-law.

"Anu. Come here" nanu called for me. I sat on the couch next to him.

"Hanji"

"Anu, I think it's time you move into Reyansh's bedroom"

Oh hell no.

"But why?" I whined.

"Anvu, if Meenu wasn't here, you could've stayed in your room and no one would've said anything, but we can't do anything. We're the girl's side, not the boys" nani tried reasoning with me. I sighed and nodded.

"I have to put Hoor to bed," I said before I got up and exited the room. 

🖤🖤🖤

"I will sleep on the couch and you will sleep on the bed" I firmly told him.

"Tanvi, it's a big bed. We can put a pillow between us" he suggested.

"No. I'll be fine on the couch. Vase bi, I'm used to it." I muttered the last part.

He gave me a sorry look. I walked into the bathroom and did my night chores.

When I walked out Reyansh was peacefully sleeping on the couch.

I can't sleep on the bed if he's on the couch? Can I?

There was a note on the night table.

Sleep on the bed,

Love, Reyansh

No. Now I definitely can't.

I got a blanket and pillow and set it up on the ground.

I looked at him before laying down.

He's not that bad.

Remember every horrible thing he's done! Don't be an idiot for falling for him! My mind screamed.

I'm stuck