Chapter 24

Ding Dong

Ding Dong

Tanvi glanced up at Naman who was working on his laptop.

He tilted his head towards the door indicating her to get up. She huffed and slammed her book on the table before getting up to open the door.

She opened the door to see...

"Hey sis"

"Who is it?" Naman shouted.

Her eyes didn't leave the guy standing infront of her. The person she's missed for almost 4 years. The person who knew everything about her. One of her closest friends. Her Ranbir.

A sob escaped her mouth.

"Hey sister from another mister" he chuckled. She pulled him close and hugged him like no tommorow.

"Tanvi Kaur! Who is it?" Naman stomped towards the duo. Ranbir and Tanvi pulled away. "Ranbir..."

"COME DOWN GUYS!" Naman shouted. After 5 minutes, everyone was gathered in the living room.

"Who is this?" Karan asked.

"Ranbir" Hargun's voice came from behind.

"Gunu" Ranbir ran towards her. They pulled away after a while.

"I thought you were dead" Tanvi whispered.

Reyansh, Yuvraj, and Kirna looked at each other.

"We knew," they said at the same time.
Their family looked at them with shock. Tanvi was left staring at her sister.

"Ranbir went into a coma in the accident Mandeep passed in. I had him sent to New York for his treatment. I got the call a few weeks ago that he had woken up so I had to go" Reyansh explained everything.

Tanvi was fully supportive of her husbands decision not to tell anyone, yet she did not show it.

Hoor and Simran entered the room.

"Papa!" Hoor exclaimed before running to hug her father. "I missed you" she whispered in the crook of Reyansh's neck.

"I missed my gulab jamun more" Reyansh smiled.

Hoor took her face out of her father's neck and looked at the strange man standing next to her.

Hoor wiggled our of her father's hold and ran towards her mother.

"Mama, who is this?" She asked.

Tanvi smiled and replied "Bacha, this is your chote chachu"

Ranbir walked over to the mother-daughter duo. "Hi, I'm Ranbir. What's your name?" He asked his neice.

"Hoor Kaur" Hoor shyly whispered.

"Do you like ice cream?" Ranbir asked. She grinned and nodded.

🖤🖤🖤🖤

After putting Hoor to bed, Tanvi walked towards her room. Much to her dismay, Reyansh was there.

"I missed you so much" he tried hugging her but instead was roughly slapped on the right cheek.

"How could you?! How could you not tell me that Hoor is Mandeep's daughter?!" She shouted as tears streamed down her face.

"Swan listen..." he was cut off by her.

"I am not your swan anymore" she said through her bloodshot eyes. She angrily left the room.

"I will fix this"

🖤🖤🖤

Reyansh has been back for about a week now. Tanvi is always avoiding his.

She won't stay in the same room with him unless they are forced to be.

She treats him like he's some sort of illness. After what he did, she can never forgive him. Her siblings are sided with her for the right reasons. Even Ranbir is with her.

🖤🖤🖤🖤

"Hey guys"

"Swan..."

No! He can't call me that anymore. He lost every right to. He lied to me. I thought I could trust him, she thought.

"Don't call me that" Tanvi snapped.

"Sorry...Anu...I mean Tanvi, can I please get a glass of water?" He asked.

"You have feet, get it yourself" she snapped. He sighed and got up.

"Anvi, you shouldn't be so mean to him" Karan sighed.

"If he wants to spend a lifetime with me, he needs to understand that lying to me won't do any good"

🖤🖤🖤🖤

"I don't get what I did. It was her who wanted me to go" Reyansh said to Ranbir.

"Dude, she just found out that her daughter is actually her neice, it would hurt anyone. And the fact that you lied to her is worse" Ranbir sided with his sister-in-law.

"If she found out, she would be more hurt" Reyansh sighed. Ranbir's eyes widened in realization. "And before you ask, yes, the elders know that Hoor isn't my daughter. I told them before Anvi could. They were not happy about it"

Ranbir let out a sigh of relief.

"For now, I need to win back my wife's heart"

She has been avoiding him more than ever. The only thing bothering him is her not speaking to him. She fulfills her duty as a wife and mother just as well he does as a husband and father but they do not act as if they are married.

Reyansh has been quite annoyed lately. He has been showing his anger on many of the nurses. After hearing about what he had done, Tanvi personally apologized to each individual nurse.

Get frustrated by her behavior, Reyansh decided it was time to confront her.

He pulled her into one of the secluded rooms of the house and pinned her against the wall.

"What are you doing?" She attempted to fight his strong grip.

"What are you doing?" He asked with hurt and rejection in his voice.

"I don't have time for this" she tried to push him away. His grip around her tightened. She noticed that his eyes landed on her lips. Their faces were just centimeters apart.

"What I'm about to do with make you hate me more but I can't resist..." he huskily whispered. Her breath hitched. His lips kept on coming closer to hers. She hastily shut her eyes.

His lips landed on hers. His lips were dominating. Tanvi would not let herself fall into his trap.

She pushed him away and slapped him rough on the right cheek.

"How dare you?!" She shouted as tears welled up in her eyes.

He sighed and tried apologizing.

"Your sorry's won't undo what you've done! First, you steal my first kiss! Second, we have an intercourse! Third, you leave! Fourth, I realize I love you!" She crumbled onto the ground, sobbing. Her words made him realize what a big ass his was to her.

"I love you too" he whispered. She turned to face him. Their lips were centimeters apart. This time, it was her who leaned in for a kiss.

After they pulled away, she eventually fell asleep.

He took her into their room and laid her on the bed. He carresed her hair and watched his beauty rest. Her tear stained face was making him hate himself even more.

I will never let anything or anyone get in the way of our love. I promise...