Week 1

Kendall leaned up against James' side with his leg elevated onto the rest of the couch as they watched the recaps from the hockey games that night.

"And despite the LA Kings dominating in their game against the New York Islanders, there was some commotion at the game tonight. Kings Captain Kendall Knight has multiple fractures in his right leg after an attack on the ice. Now normally fighting is a common occurrence in hockey, but this was not a normal fight. Islanders' Rookie Jett Stetson came at the young captain from behind after a Kings' goal, you can see the replay here-"

James froze, and felt Kendall freeze in his arms.

The video played across the large screen. Kendall was finally seeing what happened.

"I've got you Kendall..." James assured tightening his grip.

"As you can see unlike the usual hockey fights, Stetson was the only one to fight. Which for many players has been upsetting because not only was this seen as an act of aggression rather than just part of the game, he also continued to attack Knight after he had hit the ice, a huge insult to the unspoken rules of hockey. I don't know what Stetson was thinking, but he seemed to think he would be celebrated for this, as you can see once he was pulled off of Knight, by referees and Kings and Islanders players, he was celebrating. What? I don't know. Even his own teammates were unhappy with his behavior, here is what some of the Islanders had to say after the game:"

"That was a dirty move and an insult to hockey, we may be competitors on the ice, but off the ice we are a group of people with common interests and many of us are friends across teams. To see that was just a betrayal."

"Hockey teams are a family, and Stetson was out there only playing for himself. He is being a reckless rookie trying to prove himself, but all he is doing it all wrong. It was only a matter of time before someone got hurt because of him, and I am sorry it was Kendall Knight."

"Immediately after Stetson was released from the penalty box the coach pulled him from the game. No word has been said further about Stetson's status as an Islander, but his stunt may have cost him his major league career.

As they said this Jett Stetson's promotional shot showed up on the screen.

Kendall couldn't breath for a moment. It was one thing to have a shadowy figure in your head when you thought back to the event, but it was a whole nother to have a face placed there.

"Kendall, hey, Kendy, it's ok. It's James, I've got you." James comforted feeling the change in his fiancé immediately.

"I'm ok, I just wasn't expecting to see his face. That on top of seeing the actual attack, it just threw me for a loop. I am ok now. I needed to see it. I would rather see it now with you holding me then in public without warning. I knew this was coming, but didn't at the same time if that makes sense?"

"Yeah, Kendy, it makes sense." James assured, knowing the all too familiar feeling.

"Yeah, of course you know it-"

"Kendall, you are frazzled at the moment, it was a rhetorical question." James stopped him before he could berate himself.

"Yeah," Kendall nodded leaning his head back against James' shoulder. "You know, it's kind of sad that his own teammates had to try and pull him off of me. You know you are doing wrong when you teammates are trying to stop you. Even before he went after me I could tell he was playing for himself. He would rarely pass, he had no qualms against stealing the puck from another teammate who clearly had control over it and wasn't in harms way. He was sabotaging his own team by trying to make himself look better. It seriously backfired on him. If your team doesn't trust you, then you aren't going to get anywhere."