Week 2

"So, Kendall, you leg is looking much better than it was 2 weeks ago, the bruises have mostly faded minus where the fractures are, but those will stick around even after you are out of the brace and off your crutches. Your x-rays show a lot of improvement in your fractures. You are on the right track to start playing again at week 6, but disclaimer in saying that, it is entirely up to your leg, so don't be surprised if it's not until week 7." Logan explained at the week 3 check in.

"Ok, what should I be doing for it this week?"

"Still don't apply pressure to it without your crutches, but I would like you to start applying pressure with the crutches. Don't go all out the first few days. Start off with using it for a few steps at a time while still using the crutches to help support you. Another exercise you can be doing for it is walking in the pool with someone supporting you. As the week goes on start using it more, if it starts hurting more than small levels, stop. That will lead to further injury rather than a quicker recovery. In the pool you can do it without the brace, but on the crutches continue to use the brace."

"Sounds like plan, so I really didn't further injure it the other day?"

"No, you didn't, you could have, but you didn't." Logan confirmed.

"Thanks Logan."

"No problem." He said gathering up the paperwork as Kendall grabbed his crutches and walked towards the the ice watching his teammates practice. James had a rehearsal for the tour today, and Kendall had agreed to help at practice today.

He made it to the bench and let his eyes roam over the players.

"Knight, glad you could join us." Coach greeted skating up to him.

"Glad to be here Coach."

"So, what's the update?"

"I am on the right track for a return at week 6, but as always it depends on my leg and could potentially be week 7."

"Sounds good, and if it is week 7, that is fine. I would rather you out an extra week then re-injure yourself because you weren't ready." The coach reminded him, "Now, how about we remind these boys how to play hockey?"

Kendall nodded and called out corrections from the bench.

As practice waned to an end Kendall's phone buzzed from a text.

"I am by the entrance when ever you are ready!"

Kendall quickly replied he would be headed that way momentarily.

"So, how was it?" James asked stepping out of the Jeep to help Kendall in.

"Good, I always enjoy helping at practice."

"And how was your check in?"

Kendall re-explained what he had been told.

"So, what I am hearing is pool time when we get home?" James asked, knowing Kendall would want to start working on getting his leg ready asap, and the pool was a lot less riskier than crutches. For one James would be the one supporting him, and not some random crutches.

"My thoughts exactly."

As soon as they got home they both changed into their swim shorts and headed to their pool. James had turned on the heating in it since it was already getting dark out, and the heat would help Kendall's leg.

"Remember, tell me if it hurts, or at least stop. You sure you are ready for this?"

"Yes, James, I am ready."

"Ok, I had to ask once. Let's get in there." James smiled, as he put his arm around Kendall to support him the few steps to the pool steps since he had already taken off the brace and set down his crutches.