The Family

Alright, new chapter! Yall will probably have to remind me to post the next one, life is getting going to be crazy this weekend and next week. I move off to college! But this chapter is the length of 2! Enjoy!

"Knock knock! Big Brothers!" Katie shouted opening the door.

"Ah! Intruders!" Kendall yelled back from the living room couch.

"Katie Kat!" James smirked greeting them at the door.

"James, how many time have I told you not to call me that." Katie glared playfully.

"I don't know Katie Kat, but I don't think I am ever going to listen."

Katie rolled her eyes,

"Whatever uninjured big brother, now where is my injured big brother?"

"Right over here Katie." Kendall said crutching his way towards her.

"Big Brother!" Katie smiled rushing up to him. Slowing just in time to not knock into him when she pulled him into a tight hug, though both Kendall's mom and James had a look of panic on their face uncertain on if she would stop in time. Katie may be 16, but she still loved her big brother. She wasn't like most 16 year olds, she didn't act indifferent to her family during her teenage years. Especially when she hadn't seen her big brother in a while. And even more so if he was hurt.

On one hand, Jennifer loved that her kids got along so well instead of fighting like crazy like most siblings, but on the other hand sometimes she really regretted it when they would team up in their mischief.

Though James had to hold himself back from rushing over to hold Kendall when he shifted one arm off of his crutches to wrap it around Katie. Luckily, he was using his left arm so it wasn't the crutch supporting more of his injured side. Which made James feel a little bit better, not much, but at little bit.

"How have you been Little Sister?"

"Good, unlike you Mr. goes and gets injured, and doesn't even fight back." Katie admonished

"Hey, it wasn't exactly a fight, if there was only an attacker."

"Whatever, I'm just glad you're ok."

"I've been healing for 3 weeks, I am getting to be more than ok."

Kendall had kept Katie up to date on his healing, but he knew she felt better when she heard it from him in person.

"Now, does mom ever get a hug?" Jenn asked with her arms crossed standing next to James, "I mean my future son-in-law gave me a hug before my own son."

"Of course mom."

Kendall put his hand back on the handle of his crutch and headed towards his mom, before moving the arm once more as he did for Katie to give his mom a hug.

This one James felt a little bit better about because he was only a step away from Kendall if he lost his balance.

"How about you guys go sit in the living room and I will go get your luggage?" James offered.

The Knights all nodded, and James waited until he could see that Kendall had sat down before heading outside. James returned moments later with their luggage and brought it to the guest rooms before joining the Knights in the living room.

"So, my favorite uninjured big brother, any chance I can hear some of your new album?" Katie asked after James sat down next to Kendall.

James just shook his head and laughed.

"Katie, you have been asking that since my last album came out."

"Yeah, but this time I know you have advanced copies, and I know they are already written and recorded. Plus you are prepping for your tour. So, you could just perform them live for me, you know, as practice."