The Return

Well... it's the last chapter... I am working on the sequel but I can't get it done any where near as fast as I did this story. I actually have stuff I have to do... But it will appear eventually. I have about 9k done of it, but have already had it started for longer than it took for me to write this one with 32k words.

I do sincerely hope you have enjoyed this story and please do let me know what you thought...

Enjoy!

Kendall looked up in to the crowd as he prepared to rush the ice with his team for the first time in 6 long weeks. He paused for a moment at the VIP box where his mom, Katie, and James were. Each wearing a jersey with his name and number. They even had the little 'C' on them. He couldn't help but smile.

Soon his team was rushing the ice while he waited behind for just a moment, waiting on the announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time in 6 weeks, we welcome LA Kings' Captain Kendall Knight back to the ice. Lets make some noise for him."

Kendall smiled before stepping the ice and gliding across it as the stadium became filled with a deafening cheer.

Soon enough the game had started.

A small tinge of anxiety crept up on him at every shot on the goal, but with each shot he felt it a little less, his head drifting instead to the feeling of James' lips on his own.

By half- time the Kings were leading by four goals, and the team was hyped up from the return of thein beloved captain, and were practically vibrating as they waited on his half-time speech.

Just before Kendall walked into the locker room he felt a familiar grip on his arm pulling him to the side, James.

"You are doing great out there, how are you feeling?"

"Like I am missing a few kisses." Kendall smirked, before leaning. James happily complied.

"Alright, there is your first one, I am keeping a tally going, you will get the rest once the game is over. You've already wracked up a staggered 14 kisses."

Kendall smiled, their new exchange system, a kiss for every shot on goal and two for every goal.

"I look forward to wracking up even more after this."

"I look forward to giving you even more kisses."

"Ok love birds, James he is ours until the end of the game. I'm pretty sure Carlos is going to explode if Kendall doesn't hurry up and come give his speech." Coach smiled interrupting the two.

Normally he would mention something about how this couldn't happen every game, but he knew what was going on with Kendall and shots on goal, so he was going to let it slide for a few games. After-all he needed his star player on top of his game, and if that meant a quick visit from his fiancé at half time for a few games, then he could handle that.

"One inspirational speech coming right up coach." Kendall smiled stepped away and heading into the bustling locker room.

"Alright team-"

James just smiled as Kendall's voice faded as he made his way back up to the VIP box.

---

The Kings won the game.

Kendall considered joining the team for a post-game celebration but instead elected to head home with his fiancé, mother and sister.

"Great job Big Brother!" Katie smiled running up to Kendall and jumping into his arms as he walked into the house, Katie and Jenn having gotten there a few minutes ahead of them having left as the game let out.

"Thanks Little Sister." Kendall said spinning her in a circle.

"I'm so proud of my you baby boy." Jenn said pulling him into a hug once Katie had released him.

"Thanks mom."

"How about we go watch a movie, eat, and celebrate?" James asked smiling from behind.

Everyone readily agreed as James headed to the kitchen to start distributing food from the crock pot he had started before the game.

They all piled onto the couches as 'The Mighty Ducks' played on the screen.

After the movie ended they all headed to bed.

Early the next morning, James and Kendall's phone buzzed in sync.

They had just been laying in bed awake enjoying one another's presence.

They both looked at one another before checking to see it was a request for someone to come in at the gate.

"Who would be coming here this early?" Kendall thought aloud as he clicked the video button turning his phone so James could see it too.

James froze at the sight in-front of him.

Brooke Diamond..

.

.

.

Hope you guys enjoyed!

Sorry not sorry about the cliff hanger! 

I would like yalls opinon, should I post what I have so far of the sequel or wait til it's all done?

Let me know!