Prologue

Hello Everyone! Welcome to my second story: Carlac- A Luxsoka Fanfic! I hope you enjoy this one as much as you have Raxus. Now, on with the story!

Count Dooku was standing in his palace looking out of the green stained glass window that showed him the lovely gardens of Serenno. He had just received some rather annoying news and was contemplating whether he should kill the unfortunate messenger or inform his Master on what had happened. The Jedi had escaped Kadavo and the Zygerrian slave empire with the Togrutan colonists from Kiros and the Zygerrian queen had been killed. Granted Dooku had been the one to kill her but it seemed as though Skywalker's past as a slave had allowed him to connect with her. Dooku shook his head and sighed for her death was of no consequence to him however the Jedi getting away made him look bad. He spun around and glared at the messenger who had delivered this unfortunate news. "I do not tolerate failure of any kind. I especially don't like it when the failure could fall to me. Asajj! Come here!" Dooku lifted his hand and began to choke the withering creature until it collapsed in a spasming heap. Asajj Ventress strolled into the room barely glancing at the dead body beside her and instead bowed to her Master.

"Master, how can I be of assistance?" Asajj was always eager to please her Master and any chance she had to strike a blow to the Jedi she took gleefully. 

Count Dooku turned back to the window. "The Jedi evaded me during our last encounter; it would be seen as dubious to my Master as to how that happened under my watch. While I hold you in high esteem it would be better for us all if you took the blame for what happened. To make it up for your services I am entrusting you with the delicate task of discovering a weakness within the Jedi or the Republic. Look specifically at Kenobi, Skywalker, Tano, Senator Amidala and the Supreme Chancellor. I know you won't let me down." A hidden threat lay within his words as Asajj and many others knew what would happen if you failed Count Dooku. However her pride and self-respect were furious at being used as a scapegoat for her Master's failure but she would never admit it or even dare to think it too much. Her Master was very good at evading people's minds.

Asajj stood up from her bow. "Of course my Master, it shall be done." She inclined her head towards him and walked towards the end of the room. 

"Asajj!" Dooku called after his apprentice with an extra task. She turned back towards him, ever faithful. "Take this thing with you and dump it over the cliff, the smell is terrible." He gestured to the dead body beside her as though it was of a great offence to him. Asajj wrinkled her nose and sighed however using the Force the body was lifted upwards and carried it out of the room with her.

Dooku watched her go with curiosity. Lately his apprentice had been rather independent and reluctant for do certain tasks for him; he would have to look into that. Looking around the dark green, black, empty room Dooku could see why Asajj was suddenly starting to quietly rebel. Both of the now Sith Masters had been Jedi Padawan's in the past and while they both agreed that the Jedi were corrupt and wrong, there was a warmth within the Jedi community that wasn't within the Sith. It could get lonely sometimes and the thought of him or Asajj having to kill one another was scary for him. A sudden burning headache shot through him and Dokku lent on his desk to recover. Under his breath the Qotsisajak was being chanted:"Peace is a lie, there is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I Victory. Through Victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free." Eventually the pain in his head subsided and Count Dooku could see clearly again. 

He wondered what that sudden pain was before he sat down at his desk. In truth looking back over his memories Count Dooku realised that the last time he had felt a burn in his head like that was when he was Yoda's Padawan shortly before he had fallen to the Dark Side. It had also happened just after he had switched sides when second thoughts had swarmed his mind. Another memory surfaced in his mind of Ahsoka Tano, Skywalker's young pet. She'd experienced a similar problem about half a year ago when she had first met Lux Bonteri and her ties to the Jedi and her feelings for Lux collided. Unfortunately for the young Senator his Mother had interfered with his plan and had to be eliminated. When Dooku had visited Lux to discuss his Senatorial career the Force had guided him to the gazebo where a memory of their time together had a found. 

While the memory wasn't his Dooku could easily access it whenever he chose and it gave him an idea. If the Sith Lord could capture Senator Lux Bonteri then Ahsoka and perhaps more Jedi would come and rescue him. In truth it did sound rather simple however every Force-sensitive being knew that a strong connection between two people when one or both of them could use the Force was powerful but easy to manipulate. Dooku would capture Lux Bonteri and torture him. It was obvious that he had no intention of remaining a loyal Separatist so it couldn't hurt Dooku decided to eliminate a potential enemy. Once Lux was tortured Ahsoka would come and try to rescue him; her endeavour would turn out to be pointless and she would succumb to the Dark Side.

Dooku twirled his lightsaber in his hand as he smiled at his rather ingenious plan. Still a slight obstacle remained: The whereabouts of this particular meddling Senator. Dooku wasn't overly concerned though because if the boy was anything like Dooku remembered or suspected then they would draw the poor unfortunate soul in with bait of himself and or Ahsoka. Surely they would like to see each other again and if the boy was as smart as Dooku had heard then he would've solved the mystery of his Mother's death and seek revenge on him. It was a pity that the Jedi were the only ones who were able to control their emotions in times of peril. "SLT-358513! Come here!" Dooku shouted out for his personal droid.

A black and red protocol droid wandered in and stopped just before his Master's desk. "Yes Master? How can I help you?" His voice was that of a typical protocol droid that drove Dooku crazy and he always intended to change it one day when a war wasn't on his hands.

"Bring up my schedule for the political side of the Separatists. What is an upcoming event?" He snapped as the droid whirred through it's network of data.

Suddenly, the noise stopped. "There is the first peace talks between the Separatists and the Republic in two days time on Mandalore. Senators Voe Atell and two others shall be representing the Separatists Alliance while Senators Amidala, Organa and Mothma represent the Galactic Republic. The Republic has sent Padawan Ahsoka Tano to protect their Senators while we have employed Commando droids." SLT-358513 stopped talking to let his Master process the information.

Dooku sent the droid away with a nod of his head and a wave of his hand. This information was very useful to him as it would be the perfect way to draw Lux Bonteri in. If the Count's Senators and droids being there wasn't enough to make him publicly known as an enemy of Count Dooku then the prospect of being near an old friend again would. Now all that was required was some publicity...

I hope you enjoyed this prologue. I can not believe that this is my second story! I hope you enjoyed this prologue as it is definitely longer than the first one. Apologies if you were waiting desperately for the sequel however I took a week-long break from writing to clear my mind. Also, disclaimer: All characters in this story belong to their rightful people. From now on I will be back to my two, perhaps three, day update system. Bye, bye.