Chapter 26: Love or Liability?

Yippee! Over 400 reads! Thank you to all of my loyal readers! It means a lot! I hope soon to get to 500! Now on with the story!

Dooku and Emperor Palpatine stopped in a clearing in the middle of a dark and wet forest. A huge storm had started due to Ahsoka's powerful outburst. Lightning struck the surrounding area around the two Sith Lords while thunder boomed overhead; the sheer size the impact of the Dark Side had when wielded by someone so strong. Emperor Palpatine was utterly furious for he'd been so close to getting as much power as possible from Skywalker; yet Ahsoka had been the one who had been filled with complete Darkness and no control. It should've been easy for him to gather their combined power but their deceptively good hearts had out-witted him! Plus! Dooku had barely broken that boy, he'd got more about the sickeningly sweet relationship then Jedi secrets. It was completely ridiculous!

"Dooku!" Palpatine snapped at his apprentice. "We've been walking for hours! I was so close to gaining all I ever wanted yet the damn goodness in their hearts thrawted me! Did that Bonteri boy tell you anything useful? Beside how obviously in love with her he is?" Palpatine snapped once again at his apprentice.

Dooku tried to ignore the anger and accusation in his Master's voice while he tried to come up with a reasonable answer. "Affection, Attraction, Attachment. All of those things are forbidden by the Jedi. Padawan Tano was driven mad by the mere thought of Bonteri being in danger which means that she is dancing on a very dangerous tightrope. The Jedi Council will never allow something like this to continue. Padawan Tano will lose trust in the Council and her powers will turn back into the darkness we just saw. Skywalker will follow in her leave and leave them as well. They will lose everything they ever need. My Master, we just need to be patient." Dooku looked at his wrist and pressed a button, signalling his ship to come and collect them.

Palpatine looked as though he would happily strangle or shock his apprentice at that moment. "You, my apprentice, are lecturing me about patience? Do you realise that it was me who orchestrated this entire war? That it was me who gave you this specific mission to destroy the Jedi? I know what we are doing now get us off this force-forsaken planet!" Emperor Palpatine glared at him as lightning zapped around them, both from the storm and his angry power. 

Dooku bowed his head in resignation, knowing that he too was toeing a dangerous line. Watching as the ship came into view, the pair of Sith Lords quickly disappeared into it while the storm raged on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsoka was sat in the medical bay onboard a Jedi cruiser. She was being checked over for any injuries by Kix on her Master's explicit instructions. Lux had been put in a separate bay- again on Anakin's orders- but Ahsoka was desperate to see him again. "Kix? Am I fine to leave here now?" Ahsoka asked her medic clone as he turned from checking another patients vitals.

Kix checked her vitals once more and smiled at her. "Sure thing, Commander, you seem absurd fine. If General Skywalker comes in I'll say I sent you on a walk fir medical reasons." Kix grinned at his Commander as she looked very pleased. 

Ahsoka grinned and saluted the medic before running out of the medical bay and down the corridor to where Lux was situated. A medic droid was running multiple tests on him to restore Lux to his full health. In all honesty it would've been better for the young Senator if Kix checked over his injuries due to his torture but Anakin had insisted on the opposite of that as well. Lux had shock scars running along his back and along his sides where the machines had shocked him the most. Multiple bruises and cuts adorned his body and face which, in Ahsoka's opinion, should've given Lux more professional treatment than droid. Plus, Ahsoka was sure that Dooku had done more than could be seen by medics. Ahsoka was determined to discover what that was. 

Lux was sitting up in bed while the medical droid injected a syringe filled with a healing agent into his arm. Lux grimaced for he had always had a complicated relationship with needles to say the least. When he was six, Lux and his sister had to be vaccinated from a particularly nasty variant of Onderchills. That was what their friends called it and Lux had forgotten the actual name of it after so many years. It basically took out all of your senses one by one until you were left with a terrible version of a cold before you died. Onderchills affected older people more but with their parents a soldier and a Senator, Lux and Melissa were given special clearance to the vaccine first. Poor little Lux had freaked at the needle coming at him and ran into his mother's arms. His father had been disappointed that his son was so easily frightened by a needle yet proud of his eldest who took it on the chin. Mina had been more supportive of her son's fears and had told him a story while it happened. Ever since then Lux had told himself the story whenever a needle came towards him and it always worked out fine. 

The story was an Onderonian fairytale about a warrior who braved the most fearsome of foes and protected the entire galaxy from harm! The warrior also had a secret: They could transform into any species they desired so they could be resistant to many different types of attacks. This was one of the reasons that they were so powerful. One day, they had travelled to Onderon as a Human and was helping a village lost in the dense forest who were suffering from a flood. Not wanting any of their enemies to find them, every day the warrior changed species but still helped. One day, they had been collecting water from a nearby lake when they met a young Rodian who saw through their disguise and they fell in love. The warrior abandoned their powers of change and stayed as their true form for the one they loved. Lux had always loved that story because it showed that love conquered all but his sister had always thought that was silly because then the warrior's enemies could now use their love against them. After the last six months of being with Ahsoka, Lux could see what Melissa meant.

"Hey Luxy, how are you?" Ahsoka asked as she skipped into his room and perched on the edge of his bed. Her bright blue eyes were filled with concern and it touched Lux although he wasn't surprised as Lux was sure that he looked like Frankenstein. 

He smiled at her, reaching forward to stroke her lekku. His hand travelled down from her monstrals to the middle of her lek before switching to her face and running his hand down her jawline. Ahsoka nuzzled her face into his palm and gave a happy sigh. Lux grinned as he enjoyed making her happy. "I'm okay thanks, however I'm more concerned about you. How do you feel? How did you escape the darkness?" Lux was right to be curious although Ahsoka wasn't sure of the answer completely but she tried her best.

She sighed. "I feel fine, no darkness, malice or hatred running through me. Do you remember when I was on Mortis and there were those two beings who connected us through the Force?" Lux nodded, trying to work out where she was going with this. "Well after you left, everything was fine for a while but then Anakin did something rather stupid and the Son got angry. The Daughter knew that she and I had the power to stop him so we combined our abilities and she kind of went inside of me. We defeated the Son and we left. When I became consumed by the Dark Side she, the Daughter, spoke to me and reminded me of why I fight for the Light. You wrre a part of that I'm pretty sure and all the positive memories I have seemed to set me free." Ahsoka looked sheepish at the thought that she could be persuaded so easily to fight for either side. To her, it showed weakness and a complete lack of discipline.

Lux didn't think that though, he thought it showed heart and reason to fight. Passion and desire to change things that were wrong. It made him feel all the more sure that he was right about the moral of the Onderonian Warrior. Determined to make her feel better, Lux nudged her. "'Soka, I think that it's very difficult to completely detach yourself from darkness or light and I don't think that you are supposed to. I love you for who you are, regardless." Lux gave her a gentle smile before pulling her into a loving kiss.

I'm sorry that this update is a day late, I watched Strictly last night so I couldn't update. I'll be back to updating like normal from now on. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Bye, bye.