Chapter 17: Tensions Rising

Ahsoka looked over at Eek and smiled. "Lux was the relative of your owners who was in danger from Death Watch, wasn't he?" Eek nodded and R2 rolled over to her beeping a certain set of coordinates. "What are you saying, buddy: 7635 9138 4267? What are those coordinates for?" Cehla looked over at her, frowning.

"Those aren't the coordinates for Shili but they're very similar. I'm also noticing that the middle section is part of Onderon's coordinates. Why is your droid telling you those coordinates?" Lux and Lor had stopped hugging now and all were looking at R2 curiously. 

Suddenly a hologram of Count Dooku shot out of R2's projector. "Ah, Padawan Tano, Senator Bonteri. It is nice to see you both again. Who are your friends? I must say Bonteri that he seems very similar to you. A lost family member, perhaps?" Dooku smirked as the two couples glared at him, anger radiating from all of their faces. 

Lor stepped forward to face the evil Count. "We aren't afraid of you. Your plan to corrupt my nephew and learn any information about the Jedi has failed. Death Watch may never defeat you but never underestimate a Bonteri." He spat on the ground in front of the hologram and turned away.

The Count merely looked amused. "A threat of little importance to me. Your bark is worse than your bite, Captain Bonteri." Lor turned around to glare at him. "Oh yes, I know who you are. You and your friends caused quite a bit of a stir a few years back. I tend to take notice of things like that. I did not hack your droid for the fun of taunting you however; no, I have a message for Padawan Ahsoka Tano: The Jedi don't take kindly to traitors or spontaneous adventures. I assume that you don't want to do anything to upset them anymore than you already have. I speak from experience when I say that the Jedi keep tabs on previous offences to their ideals and your little prophecy stunt a few months ago is a cause for concern among the Jedi Council. I hate for you to be cast aside or forgotten." With the last laugh, Dooku ended the hologram and R2 beeped rapidly for a moment before settling down.

Ahsoka would never actually admit it but Dooku had rattled her slightly. If the Jedi Council believed that she was drifting away from her true purpose then they'll either try to remove Lux from her life like last time or remove Ahsoka from the Jedi Order! Both thoughts filled Ahsoka with fear and Lux could see the shift in his usually confident and energetic friend and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Ahsoka snuggled into the crook of his neck and lent against him. Lor suddenly whipped around to them and gave something akin to growl. "So," He snarled. "You're a Jedi." He seemed very angry but Lux and Ahsoka couldn't think why. However they didn't have to wait long as Lor continued with his rant. "The Jedi are responsible for this war! Responsible for the killing machines you call Clones that killed my brother! Nephew! Why do you associated yourself with this toxic person?"

Lux was deeply angered by his Uncle's accusations. "Ahsoka is not a toxic person! She is loving, kind, caring, brave, strong, generous, loyal and passionate! She and the Jedi aren't responsible for this war. Yes, they commissioned the creation of the Clone Army and they killed my Father but that was a mission. A mission that wouldn't have happened if the Republic and the Separatists could swallow their pride and compromise. I don't blame the Jedi. I don't blame the Clones or the Battle Droids. I blame the Republic and the Separatists. We can't judge one person or a group based on lies, rumours and propaganda. It's not fair and it's not right!" A deathly silence filled the air as Uncle and Nephew glared and regarded each other coldly.

Cehla cleared her throat and took a deep breath, fixing on a smile. "That Count Dooku is a despicable man and this war is dreadful business. We shouldn't give him the time of day. What we should do however, is deliver you two back home. Where do you live?" Lux broke eye contact and turned to Ahsoka who looked a bit hurt by his Uncle's accusations and worried at Lux. This was what had caused the fight way back at the beginning of their latest escapade.

Ahsoka turned back to her fellow Togruta. "Well, I live on Coruscant in the Jedi Temple. I can go there but Lux lives on Mandalore at the moment. This is actually what caused us to fight in the first place when we were discussing whether or not to come here or go to Coruscant like my Master told us to." She kept her eyes trained on Cehla and didn't dare to look at Lor. He was seething however with a face like thunder.

"I suppose you can just go back to your idiotic Jedi and their stupid rules, leaving poor Lux all high and dry. Be easy for you, wouldn't it? Bet you go back to all the Force-wielding maniacs that you call friends and tell them about the clingy, lovesick Separatist Senator you were stuck with. Every single one of you disgusts me! You know what, you don't get to ride with us! Use the Force to save you, we don't care! Lux is coming back to Onderon with us though so don't bother trying to get him to stay." Lor went to storm aboard his ship but Cehla stepped in front of him, arms crossed and her lip set in a thin line.

"You may have been a Captain once but we are not your soldiers whom you can order around. We didn't know that Ahsoka was a Jedi when we came here and we were happy to help. I understand that you want to protect what is remaining of your family and you feel guilty about falling out with Luthor but he wouldn't want you to do this. Look at them and see how much they mean to one another. They can decide where they want to go and we will help them because we are good people. Now apologise to Ahsoka for being so cruel and insulting to her!" Cehla had clearly had to deal with this behaviour before and wasn't going to stand for it.

Lor looked like he would explode but instead he turned around, glowering at them. "I apologise for speaking the truth." He shoved past his wife and into the cockpit.

Cehla sighed and gave them a weak smile. "I hope that you can find it in your hearts to forgive Lor. He was out of order and I will talk to him about it some more. Take your time to decide where you are going, no rush."

Lux smiled at his aunt. "Thank you but don't hold your breath. I greatly despise his words." Lux held Ahsoka's hand and hugged her. Ahsoka would be lying if she said that what Lor had shouted hadn't upset her deeply but she wouldn't let it get to her. Lux loved her, Ahsoka knew that, which was all that mattered regardless of what other people might think.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter; Lor was way out of order for saying that. An exciting announcement: I've submitted Raxus- A Luxsoka Fanfic into the Wattys 2021! I hope that it at least gets shortlisted! Today was my first day of Year 10! That was exciting! I'll update soon. Bye, bye.