Chapter 12: Crash Landing

Lux, R2 and Ahsoka quickly exited the speeder as they parked it by the entrance to Lux's ship. "Come on, quickly." Ahsoka told Lux as R2 rolled up the ramp and into the cockpit, activating the engine. Lux nodded and followed Ahsoka into the ship and into the gun room. 

Looking around, he saw Ahsoka getting into the control seat, charging the gun. "'Soka? What are you doing?" Lux asked with his concern growing. Death Watch had retreated for a moment so they had time to escape from this planet and into space. 

Ahsoka turned to him with a  grin on her face as the gun was ready to fire. "You'll see. R2, boost the thrusters. Take us into an atmosphere level orbit above Death Watch's camp." Standing up, Ahsoka left the gun charged and took Lux's hand; guiding him to the cockpit where R2 was following her instructions to the letter. An atmosphere level orbit meant that they would still be within the atmosphere and visible to the Mandalorian terrorists which is exactly what Ahsoka wanted. 

Lux was very confused by this crpitc plan and a slight worry about the safety of his ship was growing inside of him. "Ahsoka, sweetie, I know that you were upset that I didn't include you in my Death Watch plan- which turned out to fail terribly- and now I understand how you felt. So do you mind telling what's going on in that beautiful mind of yours?" Lux asked her with a cute smile on his face.

Ahsoka returned the smile and kissed him on the lips before looking at R2. "Okay, I'll tell you: Death Watch knows what your ship looks like, you arrived in it and greeted them. If they wanted to get revenge on you for turning your back on them then they will. You will die and I'm very sad to say that only R2 and I will attend your funeral. Do you have any other family that would attend?" Ahsoka asked him but suddenly shook her head as she had gotten off topic. "Never mind, the point is: They won't leave you alone until you're dead." Ahsoka sat down on the left of R2 while Lux remained standing looking ever so slightly scandalised.

"So you're going to blow up my ship? To fake our deaths. So that crazy Mandalorian terrorists don't come after us?" Lux checked, very much hoping that he had gotten the wrong end of the stick.

Ahsoka spun around to face him. "Yep, that's what we're going to do. Then we will head back to the ship that R2 and I arrived on and fly away while Death Watch hunts the wreckage for our bodies. Pretty cool plan, right?" She grinned at him as he took a seat.

Lux began to shake his head. "No it's not. I lose my ship-"

"You said that you have enough money to buy another one." Ahsoka reminded him.

"Yes but we could still die when they shoot us down!" Lux explained a pretty important point to her.

Ahsoka fiddled with a few buttons in the control panels. "True, we could. Which is why we will be leaving in an escape pod just before we crash. That way we won't be detected by Death Watch and can safely make our way to our other ship. A foolproof plan." She was confident in her plan along with Lux and R2 but that didn't stop the Onderonian Senator from worrying all the same. Ahsoka looked over at him and saw the worry etched onto his face. Reaching across, she laces her fingers with his and smiled at Lux. "Hey, we will be okay. The worse case scenario is that the escape pod crashes and we're stranded on this beautiful icy planet, doomed to spend our days living in a winter wonderland away from the war and together forever. Don't worry, that probably won't happen." She was trying to make him feel better and Lux knew that. It made him feel loved to know that Ahsoka did care for him and he knew that he cared for her just as much. The two friends looked at each other and smiled as Lux kissed her hand and a warmth enveloped them.

R2 screeched at them, breaking the moment and alerting them to Death Watch firing at them. "R2! Put the gun on auto-shoot. Stun them, don't kill them! We're not killers but we need to make it look believable." Ahsoka ordered the poor droid and Lux understood why she had left the gun to charge. R2 beeped in understanding and there was a loud and sudden bang as the gun fired. "R2!" Ahsoka scolded him. "On stun and not full power! You'll end up depleting the battery and destroying Carlac in the process! Come on Lux, we will get into an escape pod and get it started. R2 will join us when all engines have failed and then we eject. Any questions? No? Good." Grabbing Lux's hand, Ahsoka pulled him along the corridor and round a corner, leading to the escape pods. Activating all of the pods simultaneously from the cockpit, R2 beeped from above to tell them that Engine 3 had failed. Ahsoka followed Lux into an escape pod just as the shock wave hit them from Engine 3 exploding. The Togrutan Jedi fell into the pod and accidentally sealed the door shut in the process. Landing beneath Ahsoka, Lux had hit his head on the edge of a slight uneven tile and cut his head. "Lux! Are you okay? Sorry, I lost my balance there." Ahsoka climbed off of him and helped a grimacing Lux to his feet.

Lux caught the wince Ahsoka gave as she saw the cut on his head and the steady trickle of blood making its way down his face. Thankfully it was a rather small cut on the top left hand side of his face but it still stung. Ahsoka moved her hand up to the blood and begun wiping it away. Lux hissed slightly in pain but he knew that it would only distract him to feel blood running down his face so he let her clean his face up. The blood was slowing down now as it was a small cut so it wouldn't bleed too badly but Lux needed medical attention if he was to cure the cut. Ahsoka moved her hand away from his face and softly reached up and kissed him as his hands wrapped around her waist, keeping her close. "Guess your plan wasn't Luxsoka proof." He whispered as they broke apart and Ahsoka laughed.

"I guess not." She breathed as R2 suddenly came rushing to the outside of the escape pod and managed to override the sealing mechanism. Coming in beside them, the droid informed them that they were at 2000 feet in altitude and all engines were gone. This altitude gave them done time to get ready and at 50 feet they would eject all escape pods and fly away. He then noticed Ahsoka's normally vibrant orange left hand stained red with Lux's blood and the cut on his head. He beeped in concern and Ahsoka was quick to comfort him."Don't worry, Artooy, we can fix it. It's nothing. Now, let's get ready because we're going to leave this ship fast." Ahsoka sat in the main seat with Lux on her left and R2 on her right, counting down until they were at the right height. Preparing the steering, Ahsoka took a deep breath and her fingers hovered over the button. 50 feet came and she pressed it.

Leaving at speed was an understatement as they were ejected out of the ship at the speed of light it seemed. Ahsoka's muscles strained as she tried to get the steering under control and start a smooth ride. That was not happening as the trio entered a dense forest but they were skimming the treetops. A protruding branch stuck up from one of the trees and it was small but small enough however to throw the pod off course. They ended up heading for a frozen lake instead! "BRACE FOR IMPACT!" Ahsoka yelled and they crashed into definite certain doom.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'm back from holiday so it is back to regular update times. This means that I will update soon. Bye, bye.