Chapter 8: Healing

Ahsoka woke up in the morning feeling more refreshed then she had felt in a long time. Her boots lay haphazardly on the floor beside the bed and at some point in the night she must've taken her coat off because that to was lying on the bedside table. Turning over as she stretched, Ahsoka found herself staring at the peaceful face of Lux. His hat had fallen over his face during the night so she picked it off and placed it next to her coat. Lux's hair fell over his face and Ahsoka smiled, a memory surfacing from when they first met. She'd been telling Lux a story about when she had become Anakin's padawan and Ahsoka had played with his hair. That had led to them having their first kiss before one of Raxus's famous storms came in. Lux breathed out of his mouth, causing his hair to blow upwards making Ahsoka laugh albeit quietly. He did appear to be awaking from his slumber as Lux's arms wrapped themselves around Ahsoka's waist and pulling her close; smiling at the familiarity of the situation Ahsoka allowed herself to be cuddled by him. Their foreheads were pressed up against each other with Lux's warm breath teasing her neck. Ahsoka felt the urge to kiss him but didn't want to kiss him while Lux was asleep so instead Ahsoka wrapped her arms around his neck. Her fingers stroked the back of his neck and tangled themselves in his hair.Lux's eyelids began to flutter and they opened to the sight of Ahsoka's beautiful blue eyes although his own were bleary with sleep. "Hey 'Soka, sleep well?" His voice was gruff with waking but the amount of love in his voice was evident. 

Ahsoka knew that she should be extremely angry with Lux but she couldn't find it in herself to be angry with him. Instead she nodded at him before launching herself into a kiss with him. Ahsoka could feel Lux smiling as he coaxed her lips open. Lux's tongue pushed it's way into her mouth, exploring it like he had done six months before; Ahsoka slipped her own tongue into Lux's mouth and tangled her hands tighter into his hair. She tugged at his hair causing Lux to jump and push his hands on her waist so Ahsoka's back was pressed into the mattress with Lux on top of her. Grinning, Lux moved away from her lips and down to her neck, using his fingers to prise the turtleneck from her neck. Lux began to suck and bite on Ahsoka's neck, causing her to gasp and Ahsoka to untangled her hands from his hair and moved them down to Lux's vest. Her fingers found the zip and quickly pulled on it until Lux was in his undershirt and slipping off his vest. "I swear... didn't you used to... sleep shirtless during the night?" Ahsoka asked him in-between kisses. She pushed against Lux so that they had switched positions.

Lux ran his hands over her back and bit on her lower lip at regular intervals. "Yeah but... I didn't have you here and... Carlac gets really, really cold at... well any point in the day!" Ahsoka smiled as the feeling of his more muscular arms around her became more familiar to her. He'd clearly gotten stronger since they last met. Many people would consider them silly for kissing away their problems instead of talking them out however Lux and Ahsoka often argued when they talked so this was their alternative. These kisses healed the hurt and pain that the world had inflicted upon them.

There was a sudden knock at the tent flap by one of the servants who worked there and Lux and Ahsoka jumped away from each other as though they had been burned. Lux's hair looked like a mess, his breath ragged and his vest thrown hastily to the floor. Ahsoka didn't look much better: While all her clothes were still on, Ahsoka's breathing was quick and shallow and her neck was covered in bite marks and hickeys. They tried to make sense of what had just happened but the servant knocked again so this time Lux answered. "Yes, come in." A small girl from the local village with tribal markings on her face came in bowing. She looked up briefly at who she was addressing and if she could tell that they had been making out, she didn't show it.

Pre Vizla followed her in and seemed to understand completely what had happened. He grinned at the two teens and both of them felt like utter fools. "Hope we're not interrupting anything. Bonteri, you and I need to discuss matters. Tell your woman to leave us, she can work in the kitchen with the other servants." Ahsoka was indignant that she would be considered a servant but Lux turned quickly to her to see if it was okay and she nodded. They didn't need to cause a fuss.

What surprised Ahsoka the most about Lux's appearance was the burning flame in his eyes that had reignited. Revenge and grief swamped love and joy, leaving Lux and Ahsoka on two different sides. "Of course." Lux replied, nodding at Ahsoka to do as she had been instructed.

Ahsoka followed the young girl out of the tent and towards the kitchen but away from where her lover was being brainwashed. Once out of sight, Pre Vizla came and sat down next to Lux. "What do you see in the Togruta?" He asked Lux carefully.

Lux was startled by the question but an answer immediately came to him. "Hara is fun, feisty and fierce. However she is also kind, caring, impulsive, adventurous, sassy, clever, brave and strong. She believes deeply in her faith but is open to new perspectives and respects everyone. When we first met, society expected us to be mortal enemies and we were both a little cold towards one another but that quickly melted away and we became good friends. Then my mother died and I became consumed by grief, much like now, but Hara helped me through that and our relationship changed from friends to fiances. Why?" It was nice for Lux to remind himself of the qualities he considered perfect in Ahsoka however it was a rather odd question for the leader of a group like Death Watch to ask.

Pre Vizla laughed and slapped Lux on the back. "I'm nosy boy, now let's get that holo-tracker's information." He reached for the device in Lux's wrist but Lux pulled away, Ahsoka's words of warning echoing in the back of his mind.

"How can I be sure that you are going to be using the information I give you for the reasons you say?" Lux asked him and he noticed the rage from last night spark in the Mandalorian's eyes.

Pre Vizla gave a cold laugh and gestured to the scar running across his face. "This was a parting gift from Count Dooku the last time we met. I promised to return the favour and I will take great pleasure in killing the traitorous Force-wielder. Jedi and Sith, all the same. All pompous, power-hungry maniacs." He turned to look at Lux, an evil grin on his face. "Question my resolve again and our deal will be broken. Something dreadful might even happen to your fiance." Lux knew that this was a taunt and Ahsoka could handle herself in a fight but the thought of her hurt or worse, dead, filled Lux with an unimaginable terror. Relenting, he handed over the device and step 3 of their plan to kill Dooku could commence!

I hope you liked this particular chapter, I had a lot of fun writing the first half of it. I will probably update soon. Bye, bye.