Chapter 2: Peace Talks

Ahsoka Tano was standing in the Jedi Temple training room with her green lightsaber and yellow shoto saber held in their rightful position. Around her over three dozen training dummies and holographic droids littered the floor; decorated with large slashes and precise punctures. She hadn't even broken a sweat but usually her mind and body were truly focused on the moment whereas today her thoughts had drifted; causing her to be ten minutes later than her average time of two minutes. There wasn't any real connection between her thoughts or any topic in particular she was focusing on; Ahsoka simply couldn't concentrate. The Force felt out of balance but not in the galaxy as it felt like the Force of her inner core was slanted. At that moment before she could question her inner self further, Anakin Skywalker- handsome general, reckless leader and her surrogate older brother walked in. He was also her Master but they were rarely ever required to act like so unless the Jedi Council were present. "Hey Snips, how goes training?" He laughed and activated his own lightsaber, preparing for a fight.

Ahsoka grinned and spun around to face her Master, a slight growl escaping her lips as the primal hunter of her Togruta blood took over. "Great, I've already given these clankers a kicking. Frankly Master, I think you need to be taken down a peg or two." She lunged at him, sabers spinning wildly as her Master swung at her, blocking the approaching blades of death. A flash of light appeared as the three sabers clashed and Ahsoka was flipped over Anakin's head, landing behind him. He took this opportunity to spin around and catch her off guard; Ahsoka jumped as his lightsaber swept underneath her feet but Anakin used his robotic hand to grap her wrist, pull her down and pin her beneath him. Ahsoka struggled to free herself from her Master's death grip however Anakin was too strong and she relented. "Okay, okay, you win. Now get off me!" She continued to fight against him until Anakin laughed, rolled over and offered her his hand to bet up.

Anakin picked up their lightsabers and passed her two lightsabers back in her. He then attached his own blue saber to his hip. "You okay Snips? That was fairly easy, even for you, anything on your mind?" While Anakin's concern was genuine, Ahsoka gave her Master the biggest death glare in the galaxy for that insult. Anakin caught this and smiled innocently at her.

Ahsoka wished that she could tell her Master and one of her closest friends what was going on but she didn't even know herself. So instead she shook her head just as her holo-transmitter beeped and she went over to see the message. "Ah karabast! I've gotta run Master, Padme and the others are waiting for me so we can go to Mandalore. See you later!" With that Padawan Ahsoka Tano ran like the wind out of the Temple, down to a speeder and across Coruscant to the spaceport.

"SNIPS! LANGUAGE!" Anakin yelled after her as he chuckled. He often forgot how much he influenced his young Togrutan Padawan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apologies, a flight and two hours later, Ahsoka, Padme, Bail Organa and Mon Mothma stepped out of their shuttle and towards the Mandalorian palace. Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore stood waiting for them and greeted them warmly. "Hello my dears, it is good to see you all! I'm looking forward to these peace talks, I do so hope that we can move forward after today. Please come in, Senator Voe Atell and the other Separatist Senators are already here." Satine led them all through her home, stationing the guards at regular intervals in similar places to the droids while Ahsoka and the Senators were led to the Throne room. Satine's throne stood majestically at the back of the room while six chairs had been laid out of either side- three on each- for everyone to sit on. The Separatist Senators were already sat down but they stood up when the Republic Senators walked in and greeted them with respect and formality.

Once pleasant formalities had been completed, everyone got down to business. Ahsoka stood by Padme's side and watched everything unfold. Senator Organa had been speaking and Senator Voe Atell had been listening until she delivered the ultanium: "We shall agree to your terms if you acknowledge the legitimacy of the Separatist Alliance!" She glanced pointedly at Padme who looked uncomfortable and torn.

Ahsoka looked down at her friend and felt sorry for her because it was clear that Padme didn't want to however it didn't seem like she had much of a choice. A new voice echoed around the room that caused Ahsoka's head to snap upwards. "I have something to say about the legitimacy of the Separatists!" It was an accent that Ahsoka knew all too well however she was still shocked to see Lux Bonteri here.

He walked in between the Senators and as he passed her, Ahsoka knelt down by Padme and whispered. "You didn't tell me that Lux Bonteri would be here!" She was slightly indignant that Padme had with holded this information from her.

Padme inclined her head towards her to whisper back. "I didn't know." She sat up straighter and looked back at Lux and Ahsoka did the same.

By now Lux had reached Satine and had bowed to her before taking his place at the podium at the top of the Separatist side. "I am Senator Lux Bonteri. Son of Mina Bonteri, Senator, loyal Separatist and friend." He paused slightly and looked over at Ahsoka directly in the eye when he said the last word. Lux smiled at her which Ahsoka gladly returned. She felt a blush crawl over her face as she noticed Lux's eyes examining her face; almost searching for something. Ahsoka then detected a slight sadness and perhaps fear in Lux's beautiful grey eyes and realised in that moment that something was wrong. She wanted to reach out and hold him, to ask Lux what was wrong but then he continued speaking. "I have discovered that my Mother was in fact murdered by Count Dooku's assassins in his orders!" Lux yelled this final statement and chaos then ensued. The Separatist Senators were outraged at such a declaration which may or may not be true and instantly demanded that Lux was removed. Satine protested at the acts of violence in her palace but the Separatists Senators wished her to not interfere. As Lux was dragged away by droids, he continued to shout. "YOU ARE ALL BEING DECEIVED BY DOOKU, JUST LIKE MY MOTHER WAS! YOU WILL END UP LIKE HER!"

The droids succeeded in dragging Lux away and the Senators settled down after their interruption. Ahsoka was now insanely worried for her friend and begged Padme to let her rescue him. Padme agreed but told Ahsoka to remain discreet. Ahsoka was unsure if she could but she nodded and raced after her friend in need...

I hope you all liked this chapter, it was meant to be longer but I ran out of time. I'll will probably update very soon, bye, bye.