Chapter 29: Master Gone

Obi-wan, Anakin and Ahsoka were walking out along in the Coruscant and laughing together. "Ugh, another boring Council meeting. I can see it now." Anakin was grumbling greatly about this and his Master and Padawan were getting tired of hearing about it.

Ahsoka laughed. "Would you rather they called you in to train Younglings?" She knew that her Master hated doing something that involved him teaching slowly to those who had thought didn't understand him.

Anakin grinned at her. "Are you crazy? I'd probably just kill them." Anakin and Ahsoka laughed while Obi-wan stared off and above them, scanning the rooftops. The plan was to come into play tonight, Obi-wan only hoped that his death would be convincing enough for his former Padawan to believe. If he didn't then there would be a lot of explaining and rethinking to do. Suddenly, a loud shot echoed above then and the three Jedi dodged it before looking wildly around for the origin of the shot. "Does anyone have a visual of where that shot came from?" Anakin asked as he and Ahsoka ducked behind a crate.

Obi-wan looked up to the rooftops. "Up there," He pointed to a nearby building before looking at his friends again. "You two try and cut him off, I'm going after him." With that the older Jedi raced off in the direction of the rooftops. He ran along the wall using the Force and landed behind a chimney. Obi-wan knew what he had to do as he followed the Bounty Hunter across multiple different roofs Taking a vial out from his robe, Obi-wan unstoppered it and took a deep breath before drinking it. Ducking behind a small roof access point, Obi-wan looked out to where he would have to be. Stepping out and deactivating his lightsaber, he prepared himself for the incoming shot. Despite knowing that it was coming, the sudden impact on his chest and immediate pain that followed was a surprise. Obi-wan felt his eyes close and senses dull as he became dead to the world. Before his consciousness left him completely, Obi-wan was pretty sure he heard Anakin yelling his name.

"OBI-WAN!!" Anakin screamed, he couldn't believe it; no, it had to be a mistake. His master couldn't be dead, he had survived so much more. Anakin didn't know what he would do if he's Master was no longer with him.

Ahsoka called up to him. "You go after that Bounty Hunter, I've got him." Anakin nodded and hoped with every fibre in his being that Obi-wan would be okay.

Anakin saw the Bounty Hunter running for his life across the rooftops as he pursued. "Good. He should be scared." Anakin thought, even if Obi-wan was slightly injured, this man would suffer hundred fold. Activating his saber, the Chosen One leaped forward using the Force and struck the back of his bag. The Bounty Hunter tripped and fell over the edge of the building, crashing into a market stall beneath him. Looking over the edge, Anakin could see that his eyes were closed but he couldn't tell if he was dead or just unconscious. "It doesn't matter, Obi-wan needs me." He scolded himself and sprinted back toward his Padawan and Master.

Ahsoka reached over to Obi-wan's silent body and rested his head on her lap. Checking his pulse with her fingers on his neck and wrist, Ahsoka's blood turned cold when she couldn't feel anything. "Obi-wan, please be okay." She whispered as tears began to fill her eyes. Obi-wan couldn't be dead, he was their voice of reason. Ahsoka couldn't imagine how Anakin would react. Checking his pulse again and again, the young Togruta was rewarded with the same dead pulse. He was gone. Tears were flowing freely from her face now, it didn't care anymore.

She felt Anakin leap and land beside her. "How is he?" He asked, his voice barely a whisper and filled with desperation. Ahsoka couldn't answer him, instead she looked into the bright blue eyes of her Master and shook her head.

Anakin refused to believe it, sure, Ahsoka was rarely wrong but she must've just missed his pulse. Running forward, Anakin took his Master's lifeless body in his arms and began to shake him. "Obi-wan? OBI-WAN!" His pleas turned to shouts as grief overtook the young man. It didn't matter who did what now, Obi-wan Kenobi was dead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A funeral was to be held for the beloved Jedi Master a few days later. Ahsoka had immediately ran to Lux while Anakin had stalked away and hunted the night streets, killing any drunks on the way with his saber. The orange Togruta was on floods of tears by now and couldn't hold it together as she weakly knocked in the door and rang the bell before collapsing in a crying heap on Lux's doorstep.

Lux was awoken suddenly by a loud sobbing and knocking at his door, accompanied by the shrill sound of his doorbell at two in the morning. He wondered who it was and hoped that nothing particularly dreadful had occured. Opening the door, Lux couldn't help but gasp as Ahsoka fell forward at his feet and continue to howl. "Ahsoka?! What's wrong? Come inside. Please." Lux gently took her hand in his and watched as she sobbed continuously as he led her to the couch. "Ahsoka, what happened?" Lux was now terrified to know the answer.

Ahsoka could be barely get her words out but she'd come to Lux for comfort but he couldn't help her if he didn't know what was wrong. "Obi... Obi-wan... He's... Oh Lux, he's dead!" Ahsoka burst into a fresh round of tears and howled some more as Lux sat there, stunned.

"He's dead?" Lux repeated. He'd only met the wise Jedi once it twice but he knew how important he was to Ahsoka and that his reputation as an excellent Jedi preceded him. Lux could only imagine how Ahsoka was feeling at the moment. Actually, he thought, scratch that. He did know how it felt to lose some person you were close to. Ahsoka had helped him through that hard time then and now he would help her through this. "Ahsoka, I'm so, so sorry. Is there going to be a funeral?" She nodded as the tears continue to leak out of her eyes. "Well that's something. Look, right now you need sleep. I promise we will get through this, together." He wiped away a few of her tears so she could see that he meant it and smiled at her. Leading her into his bedroom, Lux gently removed her boots and tucked her into bed before climbing in next to her and cuddling his beloved Togruta untill the exhaustion of crying caught up to her and Ahsoka fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many people attended the funeral for the wonderful Jedi Master killed in good blood so quickly. It was not the ending he deserved. Anakin, Ahsoka, Lux, Satine, Padme and all the Jedi attended in total. Ahsoka couldn't bear to hear the quiet sobs of Satine as his coffin was lowered into the ground. Master Yoda gave a eulogy and then all the people payed their respects to Obi-wan Kenobi. Anakin had been asked yesterday by Master Yoda if he would like to say something at his Master's funeral but he'd refused. After it was over, Ahsoka looked at Plo Koon, Lux and Padme and whispered. "I'm worried about Anakin, he hasn't said anything since it happened." It. Such a small and insignificant word to describe absolutely anything of any magnatitude.

Later, Mace Windu and Yoda were walking down a corridor and were deep in discussing something. "I'm not so sure about keeping Anakin in the dark about this." Mace Windu was advising the eldest and wisest Jedi.

"I agree, dangerous it is. But convinced of Obi-wan's death, Skywalker must be." They turned to a door that opened and on a medical bed sat... Obi-wan Kenobi!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I enjoyed writing it. It was a lot of fun. I updated on time again today, yay. I'll update again soon. Bye, bye.