Chapter 25: Light, Dark, Balance, Peace

Ahsoka exited hyperspace and saw the dark green planet filled with lush forests, huge mountains and ruled by the psychopathic Count Dooku. Her blood boiled at the thought of the former Jedi but not even the Force could save him now. Ahsoka flew downwards into the atmosphere and landed in the clearing of a dense forest. Climbing out of her ship, Ahsoka looked around and was immediately struck by the intense humidity of this place. It was nearly unbearable as she wiped a layer of sweat off her brow and it surprised her that this was the chosen homeworld of Count Dooku. Unfortunately, Ahsoka had no means to find Lux as the hologram of the planet didn't show where Dooku lived. She suspected that he'd done this on purpose using the Force to hide his residence because the Jedi Temple appeared on Coruscant's map. 

Still she refused to be deterred and walked confidently into the dense darkness of the forest. Overhead many different birds and animals called out to one another but Ahsoka wasn't afraid of predators because she had her lightsabers with her. Right now Ahsoka was searching for any clue that could lead her to wherever Dooku was keeping Lux. So far there was nothing to go on but Ahsoka remained positive and continued on her trek. She only hoped she could get there in time before Dooku tried to do something really bad and it was too late...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lux cried out in pure pain as Dooku's droids activated the shocking machine and sent 100,000 joules running through his body. They were trying to break him and we're doing an excellent job so far. Lux refused however to give into such cowardly methods and jepordise the safety of Ahsoka along with the other Jedi. "ENOUGH!" Dooku's voice boomed through the small chamber as he swept in, his hooded Master following him.

The cloaked figure hobbled up to Lux and looked straight at him. The young Senator couldn't tell who it was as the cloak obscured most of his face but he was frightened. Suddenly the older man sighed and stalked over to Dooku. "You're wasting your time! He'll never break using such crude implements. Use the Force, he's already been exposed to that. Remind him of who he's protecting, he will break." With that, he walked out the door with a menacing aura as Dooku prowled over to stand in front of Lux.

"Why do this, Dooku? Getting your hands dirty isn't usually your style." Lux growled at him to show that he wouldn't be intimidated but Dooku just laughed.

"My dear boy, you wouldn't understand. Your Uncle did though; he made the right choice. Now, tell me what I want to know." Dooku hissed and pulled on the Force to probe at Lux's memories. Lux didn't feel anything at first but then he felt a slight tug. It was nothing to be concerned about but then that rig turned into a pull, a yank, until Lux was shouting out and writhing in pain.

Dooku could see many of his memories very clearly now and continued his search. 'Lux and Ahsoka discovering the Legat prophecy, the two teens talking via the Force on Mortis, meeting again on Mandalore, the chase for a ship, the arguement, going their separate ways, finding her blaster to saber on Carlac, pretending to be betrothed, sharing a bed, Ahsoka going to work with the Ming Po people, the burning of their village, Lux, Ahsoka and R2 freeing themselves from Death Watch but ending up in the cave...' The memories replayed to Dooku however long he liked while Lux felt like passing out from the pain. Eventually the Count stopped and Lux took his first breath.

Dooku gave a cold grin and smiled softly at Lux. "She means so much to you doesn't she? I'm sure that you'd hate for anything to her. Just tell me and my Master what we want to know and we'll personally see to it that you can both live together peacefully away from everyone. Just give me the information." Dooku snapped at him and lifted Lux's face up to the light.

Lux merely stared at him, nothing in his expression. "If I gave into you, I would never be worthy of her love. I'll never tell you anything." He spat at Dooku and saw the rage etch into his face. Tutting, the Count stalked away and the droids continued their electric torture of Lux.