HIDING PLACE FROM HELL Chapter 1

Plot: John Peters just wanted to get away for a few months. Was that too much to ask? Playwright John Peter's vacation plans went sideways when the country went on Covid-19 lockdown. The girl he literally met by accident is on lockdown with him. How does he avoid cabin fever for 14 days and control the attraction he feels for her.

NOTE: This story was inspired by the actor Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones, Narcos, Mandalorian)

Warning: If you're sensitive about the word 'fuck', 'shit', 'asshole', 'motherfucker' or any profanity better not read since I'm going to use them liberally.

HIDING PLACE FROM HELL

Chapter 1

"Reese, you call me when you land, hear me?" she shifts the phone to her other ear taking care not to be jostled at the airport. "I'll go home now. My foot is dying on me! These shoes are evil, you know? I told you not to buy them." She snorted, "I hate you. I don't care even if they're dipped in gold. I hate heels!"

'Oh shit...' she slows down. 'was that a leg cramp? No. Not now! Not here....'

"Yes! I used the word 'hate' twice! Shit! I should've brought my espadrilles with me!" She stops and flexes her toes, the airport traffic going around her. There's that leg twinge again. Don't do this to me!

"Ow..." she grimaces as she looks at her feet. "I'll buy a pair of flip-flops at the duty-free shop then ditch these shoes made from hell," She made a sarcastic sound. "You're not here to stop me. I shouldn't have listened to you. Wait." She hissed in pain. "I think I got callouses already. Fuck!"

-o-0-o-

I closed my eyes with a deep sigh. The solid wall behind my back feels blessedly cool and the sound of the busy airport a little muted. Even in the midst of the vastness of the airport I'm still hiding; my clothes, my appearance, my travel papers...to hide from someone.

Yes, it's ridiculous to be afraid of someone who is way smaller than I am in stature and weight. She's gonna text me again or even call me...Just tell her off! Again!

My tense jaw loosened up when I clicked delete on the last text. As I look at the number I think of blocking it, my thumb poised on the block option. Block it! I've been thinking of blocking it for a long time but I was...what word would I like to use? Coward? Fine, let's use coward.

Cowards hide. Courageous people tell people off. Since I'm not the latter I hide.

But I can't hide forever.

No one can hide forever, not in my country where I grew up in, not in the country where I was born. Oh no, especially there, not now.

It took me a long time but my long research finally paid off....

I found a place to hide in.

-o-0-o--o-0-o-