HIDING PLACE FROM HELL CHAPTER 16 QD3 PART 2 (Quarantine Day 3.2)

BTW, I have not made any kind of profit in the making, publishing or posting of this story. This is purely for creative purposes.

Plot: His vacation plans went sideways when the country went on Covid-19 lockdown. The girl he literally met by accident is on lockdown with him. How does he avoid cabin fever for 14 days and control the attraction he feels for her? (Slow burn, romance, friendship, angst)

Warning: I use a lot of profanity for this story.

Note: 1. Pedro Pascal is the inspiration for this story. (Of course) 2. I named her Aize /ayz/ or /eyes/ (from parts of my real name) 3. March 9, 2020 Covid-19 lockdown, Philippines.

I'm immortalizing my adopted uncle Benito Rubio in my story. I've missed you, Uncle Benny. He was one fantastic baker.

You deserve someone 

who isn't confused 

about the feelings they have for you...

The meeting of my brows is my ultimate weapon to delete what everything dad said. "I disagree."

"So what is it?"

I gave him a shrug. It's a blanket answer. Self-explanatory.

"Yeah, do that. Very mature."

I muss up my hair trying to find a new counterargument. "Look at it this way, dad. The way we met was strange." Blame our competitive nature. We argue like lawyers in a courtroom; brutal, direct, blunt.

The family is used to our arguments every dinner while the rest moves around us cleaning up dinner. "I've been cooped up with her here."

Dad smirked at my lame answer. Then his belly started jiggling. It suddenly became a belly laugh, "Cooped up? Ridiculous! It's just been three days! Are you having Stockholm syndrome? Are you a hostage there?"

"Of course I'm not. No, that's not what I'm saying. Being in a confined area ..."

"A luxurious confined area..."

I frowned again. I swept his words aside with a dismissing hand. "The location isn't important."

"Bullshit. Let me tell you this; the day you called me was the day you began to fall in love with her."

"That's not true." I leaned back. "She was just an amazing person."

"Oh, so you're in denial now."

I am now getting pissed. "Why are you pushing for this...this..."

"Step?" I shook my head at the missing word. I sighed. "Because you are blind."

"Dad,....!" Exasperation. Defeat. It's no use. "Dad!"

"Well...?" Dad nibbles the temple tips of his glasses as he waits for my rebuttal. I hate it. He looked smug; very sure of a victory.

"I don't know..."

"Bullshit! You were scared out of your balls. I saw you. I saw your face. You don't do that if you don't care."

"I....I just..."

"Son, take the leap. If you do that then you might be blessed with something you have never imagined possible in your life."

=o=o=