HIDING PLACE FROM HELL CHAPTER 20 Quarantine Day 5 Part 3

BTW, I have not made any kind of profit in the making, publishing or posting of this story. This is purely for creative purposes.

PLOT: Playwright John Peter's vacation plans went sideways when the country went on Covid-19 lockdown. The girl he literally met by accident is on lockdown with him. How does he avoid cabin fever for 14 days and control the strong attraction he feels for her? (Slow burn, romance, friendship, angst. Might develop into a relationship)

Warning: I use a lot of profanity for this story. There's still some smut here and there.

Note: 1. Pedro Pascal is the inspiration for this story. (Of course) 2. I named her Aize /ayz/ or /eyes/

Chapter Song: I Want You-Robert Palmer (YouTube)

I want you

The right way

I want you

But I want you to want me too

Said I want you to love me

Just like I want you...

- Robert Palmer

I want you...

I stare at her. Did she...? Did she say 'I want you....'? "What...did you...say?" My hands fall at my side in shock and for a few seconds I hold my breath.

"I said..." Aize suddenly felt nervous. Hold on...something is not right, "I...I want you."

"A...." I'm speechless. I never thought I'd hear it.

"Hi!" We both jumped. Capt. Ben Rubio and another man awkwardly stand in the room. "Eh... did we come at a bad time?" the thin man said.

"Dr. Santos...wait please." Aize steps back. "I'll get dressed." She looks up at me, eyes unreadable.

I nod to her. "Call me when you need help." I step out and look back at the door after it clicked shut.

Ben waved me over, "John, this is Dr. Jun Santos..."

"I'm John Peters. Thank you for coming over so fast." Bowing is the new normal of greeting these days.

"Oh..." Dr. Santos' eyes crinkled over his medical mask. "so you're the one, huh?" He looked back at Ben and nodded.

"What happened?" Ben asks urgently.

"Aize was bringing the weapons inside the house..."

"Weapons?" the doctor squeaks, eyes round as saucers behind his black-framed eyeglasses.

"Yeah. She was doing the interview for the new captain..." I point at Ben.

"Ah...really? Are you finally retiring? Is that your final, final, final, decision, captain?" The doctor looks amused. "Retire already. I'm tired of seeing your face." The doctor chuckles.

"Shut up!" Ben waves the joke off. He points back at me, "And then?"

"Aize slipped and fell on the tiles on her back," I rake the damp hair from my eyes. "She was carrying one of the cases and I think the case hit her on the chest. Here." I tap my fingers on my own where Aize clutched her chest.