13: Casted

Weeks passed since that pageant. Chanyeol never returned after walking away with Yejin, not even after the awarding. I unexpectedly won, JunYoung got first place which is actually good for a transferee. Everyone in the school started greeting me whenever they see me, but you know what's great? I got plus points because I won!

And back to Chanyeol, he congratulated me the next day but he wasn't sorry because he missed it. I let it slip once more. I can't really control his life, especially now that he has a girl.

I glanced at my watch, it's getting late. I'm currently sitting on the pavement outside the building where Chanyeol is taking acting classes. I don't know why he took this class, maybe he really wants to be an actor someday especially when he has that kind of face. It would be a waste if it's not shown to the whole South Korea. I stood up when I saw some of them coming out, I fixed my bangs when I saw Chanyeol. He smiled while walking towards him, "Here," I handed him the handouts earlier.

He flashed that irresistible smile before pulling me into a hug, "Komawo,"

Woah.

Then my heart went dugeun dugeun.

I pushed him away, "It's alright," I smiled back, I just hope it doesn't look awkward right now because of too much uneasiness. He ruffled my hair and placed the handouts inside his bag.

"How's school?" He said as we walk our wasy to thr subway station, "It's fine," I retorted.

"Did a lot of people talk to you?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah,"

"Mostly guys?"

My eyebrows creased, "Aniya, mostly girls. But some guys did talk to me." I turned my head to look at him, "Wae?"

He looked away and shook his head. He removed his cap and ran his fingers through his hair. That was just a handsome move, Park Chanyeol. I looked away. Omona. Shin EunHa, you're committing a sin. You're not supposed to fall in love with your best friend! For goodness' sake! He is your best friend. Your. Best. Friend. You just can't cross the line!

I hardly closed my eyes, and sighed. But then I felt him drape his arms on my shoulder, I automatically leaned my head on his shoulder, "You tired?" He asked and I just nodded my head in return, "You shouldn't have came,"

I wrapped my arms on his waist, "That was the only way to see you," I said while pouting, like a kid throwing tantrums. You might ask that we are too clingy for best friends but this is how we used to be since before. I already cleared this to Yejin, saying I am sorry if she'll be jealous. I even told her that I'll try my best to distance myself but she assured me that she understands and that there's nothing to worry about because she knows our real deal.

I felt Chanyeol's finger playing with my hair, "Should I dye it?"

"Don't." He quickly disagreed, "It's fine the way it is,"

Okay. We were just like that until we reached for the subway station, we hurriedly went in. Sadly, it was packed. Fortunately, a guy stood up and offered me his seat. I thanked him and sat, Chanyeol just stood in front of me. He gave me his bag and I placed it on my lap, "Gwaenchanha?" I asked him and he just sticked his tongue out that made me chuckle.

When the train reached the first station, a lot of people got in. I even saw an Ahjumma, I immediately stood up and offered my seat to her. Chanyeol shook his head and grabbed his bag from me, I just smiled at him and held on the bar to keep my balance. Since there's still a lot trying to get in, we can't really help to be pushed. A guy accidentally pushed my back that I almost fell. Luckily, Chanyeol grabbed me by my waist. I even heard his 'tsk'. "Don't you ever fetch me again," he pulled me in front of him, face to face, so I can't be pushed since he's covering me with his right hand on my waist.

"Ehhhh," I pouted at him.

××

"I thought you were done copying?" A girl classmate asked.

I smiled at her, "Ne, this is for Chanyeol's notes." Then I pointed Chanyeol whose head is bent on the table. He seems tired. I pity him, I told him to stop taking acting classes but he was persistent and insisted that he really wants to act. So just let him be.

"Oh, perks of having a smart best friend." She chuckled and I just shook my head while smiling.

××

It was lunch time and I didn't sit with Chanyeol and Yejin, they also need time to be with each other. I don't want to be a third wheel. I glanced at their table, they were laughing. He's really happy with her, they look so good together.

"Eunha,"

I looked at the girl who called me, "Ne?"

She pointed someone, "Isn't that JunYoung?"

I nodded my head and tried not to show any hint of disappointment on my face. JunYoung was with another girl. Two weeks ago, he told me that he'll court me and that he's serious. I didn't want him to but he still did, I was impressed by him. He was my first suitor. He was the one who waits for me outside our house every morning for Chanyeol is too tired due to the acting classes every night. JunYoung always surprises me whenever he can, like there'll be a teddy bear or a rose or a box of chocolate or a post it note that says a lot of cute things. One time, it says 'hey, beautiful.' that really made me blush. Chanyeol was furious when he knew. He kept asking me why I let JunYoung court me and I just shrugged at him. Then I thought maybe JunYoung can make me forget about my weird feelings for Chanyeol but this happened.

Really, what's wrong with me?

Maybe you're not worth loving, Eunha.

That's what I told myself. He was my first suitor and this is how it ended up.

"It's okay," I told everyone who was in the same table.

Of course, they knew about JunYoung.

Finally, Miss Campus is about to have a lovelife like her best friend.

That's how they talked about it, but sadly, that supposed to be lovelife ended even before it started.

That night, just like what I normally do, I went to the building of his acting classes for him. I just sat on the pavement and stared at the night sky. It was full of stars. It's beautiful. I was drawn into staring at it that I didn't almost realized that they were starting to cone out.

I stood up and waited for him. Chanyeol frowned when he saw me, "You're here again,"

"Wae? You don't want to see me anymore?" I asked him.

He just smiled at me, and the next thing I knew he removed his jacket and placed it on my shoulder, "It's getting cold," He said, I shyly smiled back.

We were about to leave when someone spoke, "Chamkkanman!"

We both turned our heads and saw a guy behind us. Chanyeol's arm automatically snaked around my shoulders, "Ne?" He asked.

The guy smiled at us and offered a card that we gladly took, "I'm from SM Entertainment and I've been following you guys these days, I actually heard things about you. So I was wondering, maybe you can audition for SM Entertainment?"

--

To those who are asking about the song on Chapter 12, that's I'd Lie by Taylor Swift.