24: Kindness over feelings

ERRORS AHEAD

I dedicate this chapter to my reader who has ALL like Eunha. Be strong, okay? Love you. 😘

Love,
Tao's Biggest Fangirl ❤️

---

I got up from Eoni's bed and headed straight to the bathro to take a bath. Eoni's still fast asleep, she must be tired. She was at the police station the whole week to get some fresh news, she's a reporter, remember? She just got the time to rest last night, I'm kind of worried that she won't have any time to rest once she's hired.

I went under the shower and let the cold water touch my skin. I suddenly remembered my conversation with the doctor.

"Do you feel anything weird these days, Shin Eunha-ssi?" The doctor looked at me through his thick glasses.

I bit my lip and nodded my head, "I've been sweating a lot these days especially at night. I easily gets bruised and my nose bleeds almost everytime but nose bleeds happen when it's hot, right?"

He nodded his head and clasped his hands together on his desk, "Is there anything more?"

I tried remembering and finally got some more, "My knees usually hurt when I'm standing up but I think that's normal because I might have been sitting for a long time. It's normal, isn't it?"

He gave me a weird smile but I just ignored it, I suddenly remembered Chanyeol. He smiles weirdly too, I just got used to it. "Can you look up for a while, Eunha-ssi?"

"Ne?" I was confused why but I still obeyed him and looked up. I looked at him when he told me that it's okay already.

"Your lymph nodes are a bit swollen, you didn't notice that, did you?"

My eyebrows furrowed when I heard that, I suddenly had the urge to touch my neck. I didn't notice that, I don't actually pay much attention on it but now that he mentioned it I think I'll be conscious about it. Why is it swollen anyway?

He wrote something down on a piece of paper and continued talking, "Some of the symptoms have appeared already, recurrent nosebleeds, swollen lymph nodes, excessive sweating, losing weight without trying, easy bleeding or bruising and bone pain or tenderness."

I got confused with the symptoms he's saying but I didn't care, I know there's nothing wrong. I believe there's nothing wrong. Heol. I know there's something wrong but I want to believe that there's nothing wrong!

"I want you to take care of yourself. The other symptoms might appear soon too like fever or chills, persistent fatigue, weakness, frequent or severe infections, and tiny red spots in your skin." He looked back at me, "According to the tests that you went under earlier," I looked away, I didn't want to hear the next words. "You have Acute Leukemia, Shin Eunha-ssi, stage 4."

I smiled at him and he gave me a sad smile, "Arasseo," I can feel my throat going dry, I feel like crying but my eyes wouldn't cooperate.

"I suggest you to take chemotherapy--"

"Will that cure me, seonsaeng-nim?" I asked him, bravely. I wanted to laught out loud with full sarcasm. Chemotherapy? Then lose my hair, and be weak? Spend my last days in the hospital, drowning myself with dextrose and medicines? Die with a huge amount of hospital bills? Look ugly at my funeral? No. I'm fine with this.

I'd rather die living normally and let my loved ones be sad on the day I die than let them be sad starting today.

"Well, it's not a hundred percent sure that you'll be fine--" I heard the doctor say and I immediately stood up, "Komapsumnida," and left his clinic.