XtineVelax

Nagagalak ang RomancePH na ibahagi sa inyo ang aming interview kasama ang isa sa winners ng May Flowers Bloom na si XtineVelax! Mas kilalanin pa siya at malaman ang kanyang proseso sa pagsusulat sa interview na ito.

1. What was your inspiration for your winning entry, "For Getting You"? 

"I was coming out of my writer's block when I saw the post for the contest. At first, I had a different plot I wanted to write but it was not coming out right. So I scrapped everything. I removed myself from "the usual" things I write and put it in a period setting. I had binge read a lot of isekai mangas during my down time and I took it as an additional challenge to try and write one. After writing the first ten sentences, I knew it was alright to push forward."

2. Kung bibigyan ka ng pagkakataon na mabuhay sa isa sa mga kuwentong naisulat mo, alin ito at bakit?

"Wow, good question. If its only amongst the titles I've published here, it's a close match between Lose Yourself and Agastopia. In Lose Yourself, I get a once-in-a-lifetime chance to meet and interact with my favorite idol and could dream it develops more. While in Agastopia, I get to dive into the wonders of living with vampires and trying to rationalize which ones are real and not."

3. Ano pa ang iyong goal sa pagsusulat?
"My goal is simple. I want to write my story someday. Writing fiction (and fanfictions) are currently my way to practice and hone my skills. But at the end of my journey, I hope to write my autobiography with the same colors I learned to paint in my fictional books."

4. Mayroon ka bang rules sa pagsusulat?

"Well, I don't really call them rules per se. More like my own personal standard in writing. 

- I should enjoy writing and reading it. If I didn't, no one will. 

- I must practice and improve my skills when opportunity comes. Joining many contests is the opportunity I gave myself. 

- I should try and learn new things even if I am unfamiliar with it. Confidence is something you build overtime. I know starting with something unfamiliar is scary but it might just be the niche you were destined to flourish in. 

- Make sure to not copy/plagirize another's work. I had a close call before when I unconsciously written almost the exact same scene from another book I read before. Thank goodness I noticed it while I was beta reading my work and deleted the entire thing right away. I was ashamed at that time and swore I will be more vigilant about it."

5. Ano ang paboritong mong genre na isulat at bakit?

"Favorite genre... In all honesty, I love writing fantasy. The mysticism and opportunity of creating your own world that is not tied with logic is very alluring. You get to do things that could be mind blowing and might just change some people's view of the world. But also because it poses as a challenge for me. It is so vast that I often lost myself in it. Just thinking of me writing and finally diving into my own world is very exciting."

6. Kung may nais kang marating na lugar, saan ito at bakit?

"My dream place is Machu Picchu. It was the first place I saw that triggered a story in me. The first make believe world I pictured was set on this very location with the buildings still intact and the streets bustling with life. Setting foot to that place had sat on my bucket list for years now."

7. Coffee or tea?

"Tea."

8. Ano ang iyong akda na nais mong ibahagi sa amin?

"I suggest My Butterfly. Its the first book I ever written and published in here. And I'm proud of it."

9. Ano ang iyong maipapayo sa ibang manunulat?

"My advice is "Do not stop." You can take a breather, go in a vacation, pause for for as long as you need to... but do not stop writing. Do not stop believing in yourself. Do not stop to aim for something better. Do not stop to make a change. Stopping will not take you anywhere."

10. May mensahe ka ba para sa iyong mga mambabasa?

"To my dear beloved readers,Thank you for believing in me and loving my works. And I am sorry for being inconsistent with my updates with the on-going ones. I am doing my best to give you quality work, I swear. All your comments and votes really do wonders and I appreciate you all for spending time with my books. And I have a lot more to learn and show you. So, please keep supporting me! PS. I love you all!Stay healthy everyone!♡♡♡"