Your Pain Only Makes You Stronger // Yelena + Peter

After training, Peter went to his room and started working on homework. Aunt May went away with Happy for the weekend and he was supposed to stay at the cabin. He was now waiting for Pepper at Avengers' compound, where he was training with Clint, who was in town right now. After his family returned from the blip, he spent even more time at home than before, but occasionally stopped by to train with him. 

"Peter, I think you should go back to the gym," Friday told him when he was halfway through the homework.

"Why?" he asked confused, not moving from his chair. He really wanted to finish his homework so he could have a free weekend and spend time with Morgan.

"I think your help is needed there," she told him incompletely. So Peter sighed and went back to the gym, where he had left Clint alone because he wanted to train for a little longer. He was a little curious about what was going on, that Friday considered it important for him to be present. But when he entered the gym, he soon realized that she was right. But he had no idea what was going on.

Clint wrestled with a blonde girl whom Peter knew very well. He wasn't surprised that she found her way inside, but somehow he didn't understand why she was fighting with Clint. He knew it was not training, but a real fight. The question was: why would they fight? 

He walked carefully closer to them and tore her away from Clint. He had to use more force, but fortunately, he already knew that. "Yel! What are you doing?" he asked incomprehensibly.

"Отпустите! Я собираюсь убить этого человека," she spoke dangerously coldly, trying to free herself from his grip, but Peter held her tight.

"You know I am not that good in Russian, I don't know what did you say!" he muttered unwillingly. 

"I do," said Clint, who was at a safe distance from them. "She said she wants to kill me."

Peter had to laugh. "Yeah, sure," he chuckled. But when no one said anything else and they just looked at each other murderously, the smile left his face. "This is some kind of joke, right?" he said and looked at his friend. 

"I'll do it, Peter, so let me go, I don't want to hurt you," she said warningly, but Peter didn't let go of his grip. He knew she could hurt him if she wanted to, but he believed she wouldn't do that.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly, moving to stand between her and Clint. "Why would you want to kill him? He was her family. Did you think what she would think about it? She would never forgive you," he whispered in a hoarse voice. 

"Don't talk about her!" she cried out. "He took her from us! He's the reason Natasha is dead!" she kept screaming and finally broke free of his grip.

"You don't know what are you talking about, Yelena," he spoke in an icy voice this time. No one told him exactly what had happened, but he didn't have to know, to know that Clint wasn't the one to blame.

"Oh, really? Peter, move, or I will make you."

"No! Are you out of your mind? You-"

"She is right, Peter," Clint interrupted him. "I wasn't fast enough to stop her. I wasn't good enough," he confessed dejectedly.

Peter gave him a sad look. "It's not your fault," he said before turning back to the blonde girl. "We need to talk," he announced in a firm voice, grabbed her arm, and began pulling her out of the gym.

She followed him voluntarily. "You know this is not an end, right? I will get him."

"You will not," he said as they entered his room. "Whatever happened, it wasn't his fault. You can't kill him." 

"You can't tell me what to do," she snapped.

"He has a family!" he cried out for a change. "Please, tell me what is going on. Killing him won't bring her back. You know that," he said quietly.

Yelena was silent. She stood in the middle of his room, silent. She knew he was right, and it made her so much angry. She wanted to kill him. She wanted to relieve the pain she was carrying.

"Melina- our mom, she always told us that our pain only makes us stronger," she rasped. "I don't want to be strong, Petey. I just want the pain to stop," she confided, the first tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Yel," he whispered, hugging her. 

"I miss her so fucking much," she sobbed and hugged him tightly. She was grateful to have Peter in her life. Natasha only introduced her to him, and she was really glad it was him and not someone else. She didn't care to meet the Avengers, her sister was stolen from her by them. That's what she told Natasha when she wanted to introduce her to someone, but the redhead just laughed at that and then introduced her to Peter.

"I know, I miss her too," he muttered. He himself was not far from tears. "She gave me so much. She and Tony, and now they are both gone."

"Боже мой! I am so sorry, you lost more than me and I am only talking about myself," she sobbed and pulled away from him.

"Please, don't apologize. Not for this," he said and sat down on the bed. Yelena wiped away her tears and sat down next to him. "You know you're not alone for this, right?"

"I'm just learning about it," she replied with a sad smile.

"Do you ever wonder why Natasha introduced us to each other?" he asked curiously.

Yelena gave him a look. "Honestly, not at all. All I'm thinking about is that I'm glad she did that."

Peter paused for a moment. He was afraid that if he spoke, he would cry. So he took a deep breath before speaking. "I think... I think she introduced us because she knew we'd take care of each other if something happened to her."

"Yeah, that sounds like Nat," Yelena agreed. "She was right, like always. I would always have you back," she told him with a smile.

"And I would always have yours," he assured her. 

"Miss Potts is waiting for you, Peter," Friday interrupted them.

"Tell her I'll be there in a minute," he told to Friday, then turned to Yelena because he got a great idea. "I'm going to the cabin for the weekend. You should come with me," he blurted out.

Yelena immediately began to shake her head. "And then who is out of their mind here."

"No, listen to me. Did you know she was Morgan's aunt? She was aunt Tasha... I would give anything to see it. To see Tony and Morgan together... Unfortunately, we will never see them again so we need to make sure Morgan never forgets them."

"She looked tough, but she was big softie inside," she chuckled. 

"Come with me. Pepper won't mind. And Morgan will be happy," he tried to convince her.

She sighed. "Peter, you are too kind as always, but I do not think it is a good idea," Yelena disagreed.

"Bullshit!" Peter insisted and stood up. He hid his unfinished homework in a backpack, which he slung over his shoulder and turned back to her. "It might just be better if you left your weapons here," he told her.

Yelena didn't look too thrilled about his words. "Do I look like I'm going?" she grinned, but the smirk soon disappeared from her face as he looked at her with his puppy eyes. "I hate it when you do this," she muttered and began unloading all the weapons she had with her on the bed while Peter smiled contentedly.

<><><>

Peter and Yelena are friends in this, but I wonder... What do you think of them as a couple? 🤔

Also, I would love to see these two interact in a movie.