Happiness // Peter Benjamin Parker-Stark

"So how's it going at home?" May asked as she sat on the couch beside her nephew. They ordered a pizza for lunch and turned on the TV for the background.

"Which one?"

"You know which home I mean," she replied, slightly annoyed, and handed him a plate with a triangle of pizza.

"Well, it's Saturday, and I'm here. Again," Peter murmured the typical response he gave May whenever she asked him that question.

"I shouldn't be surprised, should I? I saw them for the last time at Ben's funeral," she said with a sigh, "I don't know, I am probably just waiting for change. When you were little, they did not work so much."

"They're scientists, these always work a lot," he said, shaking his shoulders. "And when I was a kid, they didn't work that much, but Ben and you were often watching me," he added, reaching for another piece of pizza.

"How much time did they spend with you this week? Or at least Mary," she asked in concentration. Peter might have been a local hero, but still, he was just a teenager and needed his parents. Not to mention the fact that Mary nor Richard knew that Peter was Spider-Man. She really had to get Tony to talk to Mary.

"We had three family breakfasts and one dinner together," Peter replied. "But it's okay. Monday starts the week with my dad. Which reminds me... How's your shift next week? Pepper wants you to come to dinner. "

"That would be great, I haven't seen her in a long time!" May said brightly. "I could on Wednesday, I end up at four."

"Great! I'll tell her, and I'll call you," he said with a smile on his face. He really loved May and was grateful for her. Richard was not his father, so neither Ben nor she had any connection to him. But they both regarded him as their nephew and even formed a family relationship with his father and Pepper.

They watched the TV for a moment and ate pizza. Just as they finished eating, Peter's phone was beeping, announcing him an incoming message. He read the message and tried to ward off the anxiety that had begun to rise in him.

"May, do you think I could stay here tonight? Mom just wrote to me that they are staying in the lab for the late-night," he murmured, trying to sound like it was nothing.

But May knew him too well, so she knew it was bothering him. "You know you can stay anytime."

"Thank you, I larb you, Aunt May."

"I larb you too, Pete."

"Are you sure you don't need help with anything?" Peter made sure before standing up

"Are you sure you don't need help with anything?" Peter made sure before standing up. It was Monday and he had just arrived at home. On Mondays, he used to come to Pepper's office to hug her after a week they hadn't seen each other. And she always kissed his forehead and told him how much she was missing him. His mom never did that. But she was a woman of science. Her relationship was totally different from the one Dad had with Pepper. Richard and she talked mostly about science. Sometimes it seemed to him that they weren't even dating at all.