𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲❀𝗶𝗱 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼?

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

due to my business these days, I will update the second part to chapter 3 tomorrow, sorry everyone :(

edit: hi guys! sorry for the delay but the rest of chapter 3 is out! enjoy <3

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

y/n was just in her room a few minutes ago. And now, she's apparently in front of an abandoned mining area. "Langa...when you said you wanted to meet..I didn't think this would be a type of place where you'd want to meet up", she slowly spoke with eyes still glued to the entrance of it. The place was guarded with two big men on the entrance and who knows how many more on the inside, it had an orange dim lighting all across it from the night lights that are placed everywhere. "Wait- Langa don't tell me that you managed to get in trouble with like the mafias!? It's just like in the movies, they have hideouts in areas like these!", she quickly said.

"What? No, of course not y/n. It's a place where people come to skate, it's called 'S'", Langa informed before patting y/n on the shoulder to calm her down.

"And you brought me here for what?"

"Well I know that you use to ice skate, maybe this can be a similar feeling for you". Hearing those words leave Langa's mouth made y/n as still as a rock, Langa should be one of the very few people who knows how much y/n despise ice skating and yet he wants her to skate? y/n looked down at her feet, gritting her teeth and balling both her hands into fists, she wanted to punch him but that would be too much. So she calmed down and took a deep breath, quickly looking back up and glaring him dead into the eyes.

"Langa. How many times must I tell you? I don't want you to mention anything related to ice skating around me ever again, you know it brings me bad memories", she said as she gripped onto his shirt. Her words turned out to sound more pained than she intended, it almost sounded like she was about to cry but y/n wasn't going to let that happen, there's no way she's going to cry in front of someone who's like 4 years younger than her.

Langa moved his hands over her's and removed her hand off his shirt and with a monotone voice he spoke. "Alright, but at least come see what 'S' is like..I want to at least share my first time seeing it with you as well". y/n didn't want to come out all the way here for nothing and besides she thinks it would be too dangerous to leave him out here this late alone. So she nodded slowly, once he saw that she had agreed he pointed further into the entrance. "Reki rushed ahead, he said he had to give a skateboard to a customer. Oh and you can only enter if you have this symbol. But don't worry, Reki gave me an extra pin so put this on your shirt", Langa said as he gave her a pin with the letter 'S' on it, it had the color red and white swirled inside the letter and a yellow square background. It looked pretty but it also seems like something a secret organization would use to identify their members. "We should hurry or else Reki will start worrying", Langa called out before he ran through the entrance and after his friend.

"Aw, you already made a friend", y/n teased as she ran after him after pinning the pin onto her shirt.

Once they've arrived at the so called place 'S', y/n saw Reki in front of a blonde man and a girl with light green hair, trying hard not to collapse from fear. "What happened?", she whispered over to Langa.

"He apparently grabbed the wrong skateboard that the customer ordered", Langa replied back in a whisper. y/n nodded and turned her attention back to Reki, turns out he tried to offer to run back to his shop to retrieve the right skateboard but was stopped by a large bulky man who's face was covered in white and a rock star themed makeup on his face.

"There's no way you'd make it back in time, it starts at midnight", the bulky man laughed.

"Shadow...", Reki said through his gritted teeth. The man named Shadow walked past Reki, as if he wasn't even there and bent down to the height of the girl with light green hair, saying words that angered her badly. y/n wasn't able to hear much but she did happen to hear Shadow call the girl 'Dumpster slut', she backed away from the scene a bit, trying not to hear anymore of it as it made her a bit uncomfortable but instead, they only manage to get even louder than before.

"You skate instead! It's your fault that we ended up like this in the first place!", the man with blonde hair yelled angrily at Reki. Although Reki did try to avoid it due to his injured arm, Shadow only mocked him more which probably touched a nerve.

"Langa, let's get out of here. It doesn't look too good", y/n whispered as she looked at Langa. When she looked up, Langa was no longer there. Panicking a bit, y/n looked around to look for him but only found him sitting on the ground near a skateboard.

"What the hell are you doing!?", Reki and y/n yelled at the same time.

"I thought I'd skate", Langa replied plainly.

"Are you crazy? You've never properly done this before", y/n yelled at him as she ran over to grab his shoulder harshly.

"You weren't able to skate at all!", Reki scolded as well. "First off, what's with the duct tape!?".

Following Reki's line of gaze, y/n noticed that Langa had duct taped both his feet to the skateboard. "Langa! What is this!?", she gasped, feeling like her soul was slowly leaving her body.

"If I don't do this, it'll fall off under my feet and it'll be dangerous", Langa replied as he lifted both his feet to check how sturdy the tape is. Reki and y/n both looked uneasy but nothing else seemed to faze Langa. "I'll be fine.....probably.."

"Probably...", Reki and y/n both repeated at the same time in an uneasy tone. Shadow eventually grew impatient, he called out to the two boys, telling them that he doesn't mind skating against both of them at the same time. y/n didn't like the way he was talking to the boys, it sounded very cocky and rude. Reki and Langa were still fighting, Reki insisted that he should be the one to skate against Shadow but of course Langa said no due to Reki's injury. Not wanting to see the boys fight, y/n was about to yell at Shadow about some human decency but was stopped by a calm soothing voice.

"No, He will be the one skating", a man spoke out. y/n turned around to see a man with long light pink hair, dressed in a white yukata with petal patterns around the shoulder. He helped Langa to get up, steadying him as well so he wouldn't fall.

"Cherry? No way! It's the AI skater", the crowd said in shock. y/n looked at the man, feeling like she's seen him somewhere before. "Cherry blossom?", the crowd continued to whisper to each other.

She continued to look at the man that the crowd called Cherry, she knew that she's definitely met him before and she wanted to find out where she's seen him before. y/n continued to stare at him and eventually it finally hit her. It's that man from the calligraphy place earlier in the day, after realizing y/n immediately turned to look at Langa and he nodded at her, telling her that he also noticed.

Thanks to the help of Kaoru or 'Cherry', Langa was able to skate against Shadow. Of course y/n wasn't happy about this at all, what if Langa seriously hurted himself? Or even worse, what if Shadow seriously hurted Langa?

y/n was going to give Koaru a piece of her mind but he quickly walked off into the crowd. She wasn't planning on him getting away without having a talk with him first so she quickly followed him.

"Aaah Cherry-sama looks as handsome as always kyaa!", some fangirls squealed at the side. Kaoru ignored them like they never existed and kept on walking. If he's ignoring people that are calling out to him then how is y/n calling out to him going to stop him? Quickly devising up a plan, y/n stopped walking and took in a deep breath.

"Koaru Sakurayashiki!", she angrily yelled. Her plan worked, Kaoru stopped walking and quickly turned around with an annoyed and angry expression painted on his face. He looked around trying to find whoever called out to him and y/n made it easier for him by pointing her finger at him. "Yeah you! I have some busi-", she was quickly cut off when he ran towards her at full speed and clasped his hand over her mouth.

"I'm sorry, I think your friend isn't here. Let me help you find him haha~", Koaru said calmly and laughed loudly enough for everyone to hear before he dragged her off to a more quieter area. "Are you crazy! What do you think you're doing!?", he scolded as he removed his hand off her mouth.

"What? That is your name, I don't see the problem here", y/n angrily replied as she placed both her hands on her hip.

"I remember you, you're that girl who came to me for a job interview earlier today. Are you trying to sabotage me for rejecting you?".

"What- As if I'd be that childish!". Even though what he said is true, there's no way y/n is going to admit that besides that's not the only reason why she wanted to talk to him. "I want to ask why you allowed Langa to skate against Shadow! Are you his mom or something? You should know that he couldn't skate when he had duct taped himself to the skateboard".

"That's what you're angry about? Do you not believe in him?", Cherry replied while it was visible his eyes were twitching.

"Umm yeah? What if he seriously hurted himself!?".

"Well he should've kept it in mind. 'S' isn't a sport where it can guarantee the player's safety. Anything can happen".

"Well you were the grown up there! Aren't you suppose to be a role model for the kids? Why are you insisting on them skating when it could result in them hurting themselves".

"Like I said, anything can happen. All these people who came all have one thing in common and that is the love for skateboarding", Cherry informed as he pointed to the crowd who's watching Langa race against Shadow. y/n looked over as well, there was a big screen displaying the race. It was hard to believe but Langa was in the lead, her jaw slightly dropped. She knew that Langa occasionally goes snow-boarding back in Canada, so this musn't be much difference right? It's just like snow-boarding but this time it has wheels and can be done on solid ground. y/n didn't know that she was smiling, seeing Langa like this did make her happy since it must be hard for him too ever since he lost his father. "Looks like you're enjoying the show", Cherry scoffed as he interrupted her thoughts.

"Oh shut up! That still won't change that what you did was undeniably stupid", y/n scoffed back.

"Must be your first time at 'S', don't you know that you're not allowed to expose the others identity? You were the one being stupid when you called out my name like that back there".

"Oh really? Then what do you go by here then?".

"Cherry blossom".

"Cherry blossom? Seriously-", y/n questioned trying not to laugh.

"You got a problem with it?", Cherry said while glaring at her.

"Now now Koaru, is that any way to talk to a lady?", a voice interrupted. y/n then felt a hand on her shoulder and looked behind to see who it was that grabbed it. They were interupted by another bulky man, except that this time he was tanned and had a giant tattoo on his chest. The man had a dazzling smile and dark green hair, he didn't wear a shirt but he did wear a jacket along with long baggy pants. "And who might we have here?", the man spoke as he turned to look down at y/n with a seductive smile.

Y/n's body immediately started to tense up and shivers ran down her back. She recognized the man immediately, her jaw dropped once more and her eyes widened. The man looked at her and widened his eyes as well, the moment he lifted his hand off her shoulder, they both took steps away from each other.

"What are you doing here Kojiro!", she let out and lifted both her arms like she was about to karate chop him.

"What am I doing here!? What are you doing here y/n!?", Kojiro responded before slightly raising both hands in the air.

"You know this woman gorilla?", Cherry questioned as he crossed his arms.

"Yeah, she's my employee", Kojiro replied as he turned his attention back to Cherry. "And don't call me that four eyes!".

"Do you have a name in 'S' too Kojiro?", y/n asked.

"Ah yes! I'm known as Joe here, one of the founders of 'S' as well!", Joe replied with a wide smile.

"Heh, seems like Gorilla hired you after I rejected you", Cherry quietly laughed as he looked at y/n. He looked so punchable right now, but it seems he's close to Joe and if y/n were to attack him, she'd leave a bad impression on her boss before getting to even work.

"Atleast he doesn't talk to a robot AI like it's his girlfriend", she replied before rolling her eyes.

"You did not just attack Carla like that".

"Oooh she really did that, sucks to be you Kaoru", Joe chuckled as he patted Cherry's back.

Did y/n regret saying that to his face? No. He sort of deserved it, unless he prefers to be punched in the stomach then she wouldn't mind. "Anyways, the new kid won the match against Shadow. We should go see him", Joe suggested and placed an arm around y/n and Cherry, walking them into one direction.

"Take your filthy ape arms off of me", Cherry grumbled trying to get away from Joe's grip.

"Boohoo, what a party pooper. Hey y/n you should tell me more about yourself, are you single by any chance?", Joe asked as he bent his head down to look at her.

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈