𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻❀𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗯𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗼𝘅

art by @marlensotelojpg on twitter

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

The next following day, y/n decided she was going to make it up to Kaoru, she doesn’t know how she’s going to do that but it will definitely start with a bento box she made for him. She had the bento box in her hand and clearly she couldn’t stop shaking, she was very nervous but she had to get it over with. She stood in front of his workplace door and with one deep breath, she went in.

She then went up to the receptionist and told her that she was here to see Kaoru, however the process was not easy to do so. “I’m sorry miss, but you’re going to need a confirmed appointment to be able to see Mr.Sakurayashiki,” the receptionist informed.

“I don’t have one but please I need to see him today, it’s very important,” y/n begged.

“I’m very sorry but there’s nothing I can do about that unless you have a confirmed appointment,” the receptionist replied. y/n let out a heavy sigh, she had admitted defeat but before she could leave, she heard a familiar voice call out to her.

“y/n! What a lovely surprise! Came to visit your father at work?” Her father exclaimed as he approached her.

“Oh hi dad! Sorry, I forgot that you work here,” y/n replied.

“Ouch- that hurt. If you’re not here to visit me, then why are you here?”

“To uh, deliver food! You know, intern work,” y/n lied.

“Oh- Mr.Sakurayashiki must’ve ordered, do you want me to help take it from here?”

“N-no! I have to do it myself so that I can confirm that it’s been delivered,” y/n quickly blurted out. Her father then had a confused expression on his face but didn't question her any further.

“Well alright, I’ll take you to him then,” Her father smiled as he walked off, motioning his hand for her to follow. As they arrived in front of his office, y/n’s father knocked twice before a voice from the other side called for them to come in. However, her father only peeked his head in and informed his boss that his food had been delivered. “Okay I already told Mr.Sakurayashiki that his food delivery is here, just go in yourself, don’t worry he’s a very nice man. I need to get back to work now,” Her father smiled before patting her head and leaving. Y/n took another deep breath and slowly opened the door, revealing the one person whom she came to see.

Kaoru was still focusing on his work, his gaze piercing his paper, his hand holding a thin brush and swiftly moving it around, splattering the dark ink, imprinting it onto the paper. He did not bother to look at y/n as he was too focused. “You must’ve gotten the wrong address, I did not order any food,” he said, still not breaking eye contact with his paper.

“Uhm yeah, I’m pretty sure I got the right address,” y/n softly said. Upon hearing her voice, his hand stopped moving and he sat still for a few seconds before looking up at her, finally meeting her eyes. His eyes widened, and he appeared to be shocked to see her standing right in front of him.