𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻❀𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲

art by @mgs_sk8 on twitter

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

The same following night, the race between Langa and Adam arrived. Y/n had learned a lot about the situation and had been a part of how to strategize the method to beat Adam's infamous love hug. After learning that Langa would be in a very dangerous position when it comes to this one specific race, y/n couldn't help but overthink all the things that could go wrong. She absolutely adores Langa, to be very honest, she treated him like her own brother, as a way to fill in the emptiness in her heart of losing her real brother years ago, so if anything were to happen to Langa, she would absolutely lose it.

It was finally time for the race, y/n's heart was beating very fast, it was almost like her heart was going to leap out of her throat any second, but she was able to calm herself down. The crowd tonight was especially loud, people were screaming Adam's name and Langa's S name 'Snow'. There were cheers, roars and bets placed all over the place, which did not help with y/n's anxiety.

"You alright? You look very pale," Cherry asked, placing a hand on y/n's shoulder. She looked over at him and gave him an uneasy nod.

"I'll be fine," she muttered out almost too softly. It was almost like she could hear the time ticking slowly, she wanted her cousin to drop this race so badly but she also knew that it would be nearly impossible to make him drop something he was preparing himself for.

After waiting and waiting, the so-called famous Adam arrived. He had spiky blue hair and a masquerade mask covering his face. His outfit looked very majestic but that's besides the point. The important thing now is that the race is finally going to happen. Both Langa and Adam got to the start line, ready to race, then the sound of the countdown was heard, even after the countdown finished, none of them bothered to move. This showed y/n how seriously Langa is taking this race, which didn't make her feel any better.

Once the official race finally began, people started cheering from all directions, y/n didn't care about that, she had her eyes focused right on the large screen in front of her, displaying the race in real time.

"Please be alright, please be alright, please be alright..," she kept whispering repeatedly to herself. The race was going okay, Langa was in the lead but y/n kept getting mini heart attacks whenever she saw Adam getting closer to Langa. However, when she saw that Adam had grabbed onto Langa and skated with him close to his chest, she felt the signs of danger rising.

Then the flashbacks came, she could hear every scream so clearly.

"Help! Y-y/n help!" the sound of her brother's cry echoing in her mind. Her knees became weak, her breathing fastened, she can feel beads of sweats falling down her face, she clutched onto her chest so tight that it felt like she was about to rip a hole through her body, and not long tears started to come out uncontrollably.