Chapter II

The sun's light shone from the sky to the opening in the said volcano of Mako Island illuminating the Moon Pool with it's light where two mermaids slept soundly.

A beautiful blonde mermaid with orange scales slept on the right side of the pool, her scales shining due to sun's rays.

Yawning and opening her eyes, Ondina woke up. Raising from where she layed she looked around and saw Mimmi fast asleep.

Mimmi another mermaid with brown hair slept on the opposite side of Ondina. Her tail's orange scales shines brightly just like Ondina's as she layed asleep.

"Mimmi, wake up" she called but Mimmi didn't respond and was still asleep.

"Mimmi!" she called again.

"Mimmi, I swear if you don't wake up, I will push into the water" she threathened but still Mimmi was asleep.

Diving into the water Ondina swam to the other side of the pool just right above Mimmi's head. Ondina shook Mimmi but Mimmi let out a "Go away" not waking up.

"Listen Mimmi, Either get up or I'll push you into the water" Ondina warned her but she still didn't woke up. With one puff Ondina push Mimmi into the water.

Mimmi re-surfaced from the water shaking her head to get rid of the water on her face. Turning to Ondina who was smiling in victory, Mimmi glared daggers to Ondina as she swam towards where she slept earlier.

"I could've drowned, Ondina. You can't just push someone into the water while their sleeping" Mimmi scolded.

Ondina just shrugged and said "You didn't want to wake up and you're a mermaid, you'll be alright"

"It's beside the point Ondina" Mimmi argued.

"Yeah. Yeah. Now come on we have to meet up with Zac and Evie at the cafe" Ondina said as she dove into the water and swam out the pool with Mimmi following behind.

Bubbles surrounded the two mermaids as they swam at turbo speed out of the Moon Pool to Ritta's grotto.

They swam passed a school of fishes, a shoal of different types of fishes, a few sharks, a few stingrays and a lot of beautiful corals.

Swimming through the Mako Reef the two mermaids swam to a underwater cave that leads to the grotto. As the two re-surfaced they dried off and went to the next room which was full of golds, dresses, treasures, and shells.

A girls with long straight black hair sat there by the table admiring a see shell. As Ondina and Mimmi entered the girl stood and placed the shell on the table.

"About time you got here, I've been waiting four 30 minutes" said Weilan.

"Sorry, Weilan. Somebody didn't wanna wake up when I told them to" said Ondina looking at Mimmi.

Mimmi just rolled her eyes and said Nevermind that. Come on we're late"

"Yeah, thanks to you" said Ondina.

"Ondina!" shouted Mimmi from the stairs leading out of the grotto.

* * *

As Cam was walking to the Sea Ocean Cafe from his house by the river he saw a trail of bubbles of pass through and he caught a glimpse of blue scales.

Shaking his head, he muttered "Zac" under his breath and continued to walk.

As he was walking throught the side walk he saw a huge beach house which was about three stories tall and he was sure he saw one of them jump from the balcony to the beach in front of the house.

Scratching his eyes he decided to shrug the thought and continued to walk.

* * *

At the Cafe, Zac and Evie sat at a table waiting for the girls and Cam, Zac eating a tuna sandwitch and Evie with a smoothie.

Moments later the girls came in the door and sat down with Zac and Evie.

"Finally you girls got here, what took you guys so long?" Zac asked

Ondina was about to answer but Mimmi cut her off "Don't you even dare, Ondina" said Mimmie, clearly pissed.

"Ok" said Zac, as he decided to not push the subject.

The four mermaids and Zac continued to chat about whatever they can and about the next full moon in three days. Their chat was stopped by Cam bursting through the door and sitting beside Weilan.

"Hey, Cam" Zac greeted Cam as he sat down.

"Hey, Zac. Had a nice swim?" Cam asked as he ordered a mango smoothie.

Zac's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he clearly remember not having been wet all morning. "I haven't swam all day" he said.

Cam's brows furrowed as he remembered the blue scales and trail of bubbles on the river. "So the one that swam passed the river with a trail of bubbles and blue scaled tail was not you?"

"No. I've been with Evie all day" he shook his head.

"Yeah. He was" said Evie.

"If that wasn't you, who was it? You don't think it could have been Eric don't you?" Mimmi asked.

Ondina was about to say something when the door opened and a boy about 15 of age came in.

"No. But I think we need to check" Ondina said. Then she stood from her chair "Come on. Let's search the reef, you coming Evie?"

"Sure" Evie said.

"Come on" Zac said then they stood and left the Cafe. The Mermaids and Zac dove into the sea to search the reef with Cam to search the neighborhood.