Chapter XIII

Surfacing, Ritta arrived at the grotto. Drying up she went up the stairs to the balcony where she sighed and stared into the distance.

She let out a sigh and said "What do I do?" she whispered into the breeze.

"Astoria, give me a sign. We've tried everything" she sighed in disappointment and a breeze came and sent chills down her spine.

She shrugged and stayed there for a couple more minutes, just staring into the night as stars shined and the moon's light lit up the sky.

Another breeze came and she shrugged again as the cold penetrated her gown. Inhaling the night breeze, she turned around and as she was about to take a step forward she turned around swiftly and something caught her eye.

A bright light came from the water. Taking a step forward she stared at it and suddenly a man stood in front of her. As she looked closer she recognized him as her dead fiancé, Harry.

"Harry?" she said while a tear slid down her cheek.

The man smiled and just stared at her "Trust yourself, Ritta" he said.

Ritta looked at him confused. "For only love can overcome anything"

And with that he disappeared.

Shaking her head, she inhaled and went back inside.

~~\\// * * * \\//~~

"Is everything alright, Rita?" Mimmi asked.

Mimmi, Ondina, Weilan, Evie, and the H2O gals along with Ritta and Veridia are in the grotto for Ritta had called them down but didn't say why.

"No" Veridia said.

Ritta inhaled a sharp breath and gave her a 'you serious?' look and said. "Do you all know about the Legend of The Originals?"

The three mermaids nodded but The H2O gals have confused faces.

"No" Rikki said.

"What is that?" Bella asked.

"The Legend of The Originals tells the story of how mer-people came to be" Mimmi said. "But it is a little different then what you may know" Said Weilan.

"It tells the Story of Poseidon. The God of The Seven Seas. Where he fell in love with a land girl and wanted to be with her for all eternity."

"But that couldn't be possible since she is a Land Girl. And she isn't immortal."

"So Poseidon gave the girl a small portion of his power which gave her the ability to turn into a mermaid and live forever."

"But, she couldn't live forever knowing her Brother, the only family she have left since the rest of her family died in the hands of pillagers." Ritta continued the story.

Then Veridia, "So she gave a small portion of the power Poseidon had given her to her little brother and he became the first Merman and the lived peacefully together."

Then Weilan, "But after many centuries of living peacefully, She gave birth to three girls. Megdalin, Viktoria, and Katerina."

"Katerina, the oldest of the three, is the most caring of them, Megdalin, the middle, is the brightest in all the land. Everyone came to her for wisdom."

Then Ondina spoke, "Then there's Viktoria, the youngest and most graceful of the three. Whose beauty has no match. She is also known as 'The Trench Queen'."

"Why is she called 'The Trench Queen'? Is she bad or something? Because that name gives bad vibes." Rikki asked.

"After a while, Viktoria became envious of his father's power and tried to steal that power from him. Poseidon, disappointed by his daughter's action, punished her by sending her to the deepest of Trench. The Mariana Trench." Veridia said.

"But after a while Viktoria became fond of the Trench and decided to make her own kingdom there, where she created spells to turn a normal fish into . . . this"

Ondina showed a picture of a monstrous fish with razor sharp teeths, fins, and claws. Eyes glowing blue, body covered by dark blue and black scales. And as big as a normal shark.

"Ok. That's horrifying. But what does this have to do with anything?" Emma asked.

"Because when Viktoria's second attempt of stealing her Father's power, Poseidon trapped her in a prison where only a descendant of The Original Family can open." Ritta told the six girls who sat in front of the older mermaids.

"And you think Stiles will release this Vitoria chick?" Asked Rikki.

"Yes" "No" Veridia and Ritta said at the same time.

"No. But there is a chance that Vitoria will get to Stiles and try to get him to release her with the help of the moon stone." Ritta explained.

"Weilan, where did you hide that stone?" Veridia asked.

Weilan stood "Don't worry, its perfectly . . . safe"

"What is it?" Veridia asked and Weilan turned around with a puzzle box opened with nothing inside and shocked and terrified expression on her face.

"It's gone" She said shakily.

The girls shared a terrified look on her face as they stare at each other in horror.