Chapter XI

"Stiles" Scott called.

Stiles turned around and saw Scott running up to him. "Hey Scott" he greeted as he continued walking with his head down.

"Stiles, what's wrong?" Scott asked as he matched his speed with Stiles and looked at his down expression.

"Nothing. Nohing's wrong" Stiles lied.

"Stiles, I can tell something's wrong, we've been friends since kindergarden. And you've been very distant and we understand why. But we miss you, we miss having you around, I miss you"

They both stopped walking and faced each other but Stiles kept looking down missing Scott's eyes. Scott put a hand on his shoulder and pulled him into a hug.

Scott hugged him tight, like his life depended on it and said "You know we accept you no matter what you are, right?"

"No matter what?" Stiles asked.

Scott backed up from the hug and looked at him seriousely and said "No matter what"

Stiles smiled and hugged him again but this time a little longger.

* * *

"How'd you deal with it?" Stiles asked, "When you found out you were a real Merman?"

Zac turned around and said "I was sad and angry. I was angry that the parents I thought were my birth parents were not. And sad that I had a sister, I didn't know about"

"So how did you get rid of the feeling?" Stiles asked.

Zac thought for a minute and said "Mimmi helped me understand that I wasn't the only one who had it bad because of the secret. And that other people too were affected by it and had it much worse than I did"

Zac turned to Stiles and put a hand on his shoulder. "Give it time, Stiles. And spend time with your friends"

Stiles nodded then Zac shot him a friendly smile and they both stared at the ocean.

* * *

Stiles gave Zac a pat on the shoulder and told him, "I'm gonna go find Scott and the Pack" and Zac smiled at him and said "Sure" then Stiles left the balcony.

Stiles walked through the hall of Ritta's house and walked out the back door where he found Scott and the Pack sitting and talking to each other.

Once he stepped out, the Pack's attention shot to him and stared at him. "Hey" Stiles said nervously.

"Stiles!" Liam shot up and hugged him. Stiles chuckled at this, then everyone was standing up and hugging him.

Once they backed away from each other Stiles sat beside Scott and Liam was about to sit beside Stiles when he was pulled down by Theo.

"You're mine, not his" Theo said to Liam as he cuddled Liam so Liam couldn't escape. "Fine, fine I'm yours, I wont leave now let me go, I can't move"

Everyone laughed at the two then Lydia and Malia leaned over to Mason and Corey and said "You owe us 50 dollars"

Mason and Correy had defeated looks as they sighed and pulled out their wallets and gave Malia and Lydia 50$.

"So Stiles, how is it being a merman? Do you breath underwater?" Lydia asked filling the silence.

Stiles shifted in his seat beside Scott and said "No, it's like, I can hold my breath for so long and I don't feel the coldness of the water"

"Well at least it's not gross as Jackson's, It's actually hot, didn't know you had a six-pack" Everyone laughed at Ethan's comment then Jackson rolled his eyes and elbowed Ethan.

"You're not getting some action tonight" he said then Ethan gave him a 'are you serious?' look.

"Stiles can you do what Cleo and the others did? You know with the water?" Liam asked.

Stiles' brows furrowed as he answered "I don't know, let's see"

Stiles spread his hand and pointed it at the water in the cup and slowly lifted his hand. The water followed his hand and lifted into the air.

Everyone stared at the flaoting ball of water. "Cool" Theo said.

Scott stared at Stiles as he experimented with his powers. Ever since they were little Scott always felt something for his friend but didn't know what.

Now he knows what that is. He simply adored Stiles. The way he talks about what he loves and the way Stiles did anything, he simply loved it.

Scott's stare was broken when Lydia nudged him. Pushing all the thoughts away, he turned to Lydia. "What?" he asked.

Lydia nodded to the side and got up and Scott followed. Scott and Lydia walked far enough out of the Pack's hearing range when Lydia turned on her heals and looked at Scott.

Lydia just kept staring at him and Scott was starting to feel uncomfortable. Clearing his throat he said "What's up?"

Lydia sighed and rolled her eyes as she stared at Scott again. Scott rolled his eyes and said "Why are we out here Lydia?"

She rolled her eyes one more time before finally saying "When will this pining finally end, Scott?"

Scott's eyes widened at this and cleared his throat. "What are you talking about?" He asked nervously.

"It's pretty obvious, Scott" she said and Scott looked down at his shoes.

"Is it really?" he asked, still not looking up.

"The way you keep staring at him and the way you two act around each other is a big give away" Scott sighed at this.

"And beside, everytime he stands up or you're behind him, you keep staring at his ass with lust" Scott's head shot up and his cheeks turned into a shade of red.

"I do not!" he denied.

Lydia just rolls her eyes and said "Just go ask him out."

Scott sighed sadly. "I can't. I don't want to ruin our friendship"

"You won't. I'm willing to bet on it." Scott looked at her and she just put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks, Lyds" He smiled warmly and she pulled him in a hug.

"Jackson said, you should really hide your arrousal better" Lydia said as she walks away from Scott and back to the Patio.