The Neckline/lace

Today I was asked in the baroness's office to talk fashion. We're sorting out the outfits for the next show. I was finishing a dress but the baroness seems disturbed "There's something about it that irritates me and i always trust my instincts." "I thought maybe if you tighten the silhouette..." I draw a few more lines. "Oh you thought, did you?" I show her the drawing "I think it's better." she looks at it for some seconds "Actually it is." I smile, satisfied with myself. The baroness bends down to finish her meal and her clothes show her cleavage and I tried to restrain myself but I did not succeed, I looked. Actually, I got stuck watching. When I looked up I met the Baroness's gaze directly and since she caught me I tried to make up something. "Your necklace!"

 Baroness: Oh, family heirloom

Baroness: Oh, family heirloom. Funny story, actually, an employee once stole it.

(y/n): No really? How did you get it back?

Baroness: The woman was stupid enough to come back and then she fell off a cliff and died.

(y/n): Wow it's extremely sad.

Baroness: Yes unfortunately these are things that happen but anyway I was very lucky in this story and the necklace was found in my gardens.

(y/n): I had no idea about this, when was it?

Baroness: It was during my winter ball, 10 years ago something like that. And her death really overshadowed the whole thing.

She lies down and puts the cucumbers over her eyes for her 9 minute nap

She lies down and puts the cucumbers over her eyes for her 9 minute nap. "Oh and (y/n) i wanted to ask you, Are you into girls?" I have a stroke of stress since I'm gay "Why are you asking me that?" "Because personally if I have the opportunity I don't look at woman's breasts." Thanks to the cucumbers which prevent her from seeing how red I am! So indeed she had noticed, I am not very discreet. "Well, I uhm i  think that-"

I am interrupted by Roger and the bodyguards who violently enter the room. Roger cleared his throat but the Baroness told him to speak even though she was taking a nap. "Baroness, we have that meeting at the Ritz." She removes the cucumbers "Oh, for heaven's sakes." she sits down and throws the cucumbers at Roger. "Necklace, (y/n) shoes." I kneel down in front of her to help her put on her shoes. Looking up I meet her gaze but I'm too embarrassed to hold at it so I look away. Then she gets up saying "Come along." Roger and the bodyguards follow her as I return to the work room to review some outfits.

As soon as I go to bed at the end of my day I think back to the conversation I had with the Baroness. I wonder if she asked out of curiosity or out of interest. Part of me likes to think she asked for herself but i don't believe that. I hope we won't talk about it again tomorrow. All night long I get up and can't sleep. The next day I notice that I have huge dark circles, I put on a ton of concealer and go to work. For some hours I finish a few tasks then am requested by the Baroness. I get a little stressed going up to her office. As I come in she tells me to sit down and for a good hour we work on the next ball.

Baroness: You seem nervous since this morning.

(y/n): Hmm i'm not, just a bit tired.

Baroness: Yes, I noticed that. Put concealer next time.

(y/n): I did and tried to hide it but I don't have enough makeup skills to look perfect.

Baroness: Don't worry about it, it's my job to be perfect.

You nod and the woman sits on the chair next to you.

Baroness: You didn't answer me yesterday.

(y/n): Damn I thought she forgot. About what?

Baroness: You know what I'm talking about.

(y/n): (you sigh) Well if I have to be honest I have to admit that I prefer the company of women...

Baroness: Mmh I can only understand you.

(y/n): Wait what? Are you..?

Baroness: Me? No I was married to a man a long time ago but now I don't have time for love.

(y/n): What happened to him?

Baroness: He's Dead.

(y/n): Oh I'm so sorry I didn't know!

Baroness: Don't be, I didn't really love him anyway, so it doesn't matter.

(y/n): Have you ever loved someone Baroness?

Baroness: It's too personal little girl.

(y/n): Oops excuse me!

Baroness: (She smiles) Come with me, now.

You follow her through several rooms that you have never seen until the Baroness's room. She take a dress and ask you to turn around while she changes. During those few minutes you wonder what you're doing in her room. When she ends and you turn around you gasp, you've never seen her like this with her hair down in a dressing gown. Always gorgeous of course. She sits on the bed "(y/n) Since you look exhausted, come take a power nap with me." You weren't really ready for this proposal, and for having a gay panic either.

 "That's very kind of you but I wouldn't want to disturb you, especially if I fall asleep

"That's very kind of you but I wouldn't want to disturb you, especially if I fall asleep." She sighs and stares at you "I don't remember asking for your opinion, it's only 9 minutes." She pats the mattress next to her "Sit here." you do what she says "Now take off your shoes." she positions a pillow for your head. "And lie down." You lie down comfortably in the bed and glance at the baroness who puts the cucumbers over her eyes. "Comfortable?" you sigh with a satisfied intonation "Very!" You're so tired that you barely have time to hear the Baroness says "Good." that you are already asleep.

That's it, we've done our coming out! The Queen/ Baroness seems to be okay with it, for now! anyway, bye guys!

-Djedje <3