Part 23: 67 days

It's been 67 days since Sky had talked to Pietro. 67 days since she'd talked to Wanda. 67 days since she's been happy.

Sky and Tony were working in the lab, like always. After waiting 2 weeks as punishment, Tony had decided to let her work with him again, but it didn't matter much to Sky.

They never talked. She didn't help out as much anymore. Never came up with new ideas. She stopped working on her suit. She stopped being Sky.

"Alright kiddo, we're all done for today." Tony said. He watched a Sky got up and walked out without making a sound. She continued to walk down the hall and into her room. She shut the door and sat on her bed, staring at her door.

This is what she did everyday. She's spend most of it with Tony, mostly sitting in the back of the room while he worked. Once they were done, she'd go to her room, sometimes she'd read, but usually she would stare at the door or the wall or something for hours. Now she eats dinner with everyone, but she used to stay in her room. It's 16 days for Tony to convince Sky to eat with the rest of the avengers.

As she sat down at the table, silent as the others talked. Sky sat 5 spots away from Pietro. She always made sure to never look in his direction. Sky knew that everything was really hard for her, but it must be harder for Pietro. She didn't want to hurt him more than she already has.

Sky used to sit next to Wanda at dinner, but she had switched seats as well as Pietro. Wanda hadn't spoke to Sky since she broke up with Pietro. Sky understood why Wanda was mad, but she thought they were closer than that. She wanted the chance to apologize or maybe explain what happened. Sky didn't think breaking up with Pietro would destroy their friendship as well. She never would have dated him in the first place if she had known.

Sky tried talking to Wanda once, but she walked away from her. Not even meeting her eyes. Sometimes Sky wished she had powers like Wanda so she could force her to listen.

"Hello...earth to Sky." Tony said as he waved his hand in front of her face.

"What?"

"I was suggesting that maybe you could take some fighting lessons with Nat. Just in case something happens one day." Tony told her. Sky looked at him confused. "Or not? Are you ok, kid? You're acting even quieter than usual."

"I think I want to go spend some time with my mom." Sky blurted out randomly. Everyone turned to her, with confused faces. Even Wanda and Pietro.

"What?" Tony asked, sadness creeping through his voice.

"Well, do you remember a couple months ago when you asked me about the random number who kept calling me? That was my mom. She's been calling me and has been getting help. She misses me...and I miss her."

"Sky, I get it, but she's probably lying." Tony said.

"No, no she's not lying. I know when she's lying and she's not." Sky assured them. "I promise it'll only be for a few days, maybe a week or two."

"Look Sky, I don't want you going. Do you understand?"

"It's not your decisions to make." Sky said before leaving the table. Everyone looked at each other awkwardly.

"She hates it here." Tony mumbled. The others gave him a confused look. "She doesn't talk to anyone, she spends all her free time in her room, she doesn't help work anymore, she's miserable." Tony told them. "No wonder she wants to go back home."

"Tony you're overreacting. I'm sure she just misses her mom and wants to see her." Natasha told him. Tony looked at Pietro for a moment and sighed.