Part 28: The Suit

A/N: Hi guys. So, I'm sad to announce that this book will only have 2 more chapters. On the bright side, I'm going to be having a new book coming out very soon. I decided to write a Teen Wolf fanfic so if any Teen Wolf fans were reading this book, stay around for that one. And my marvel fans, don't worry I have about 15 marvel books that I have already written ideas for so more marvel fanfics will be coming too. I just don't want to have to many books going at one time. Anyways I'm so sad that this book is ending, but I really hope some of you are excited for my next book because I am so excited to start writing it. Ok, bye. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

"Sky, can I please come in?" Tony asked from the other side of Sky's locked door. She hadn't talked to Tony in the last few days. How could he say her own mother doesn't love her.

Suddenly the door opened and Tony walked through. Sky sat up in her bed and gave him an angry look.

"Sorry, but I've got the locks on the doors hacked...in case of an emergency."

"This isn't exactly an emergency." Sky retaliated. She looked down at her bed as Tony sat in the chair by her desk.

"Sky, you know I was just trying to be a good dad." Tony told her. She scoffed and shook her head slightly.

"Well congratulations. Dad of the year. Yay." She told him sarcastically. Tony frowned at his daughter as she looked away from him.

No one spoke after that. They just sat in silence. Sky was picking at a thread that hung out of the light purple blanket and Tony was studying the stack of books in the corner of the room.

"She does love me." Tony looked up at Sky. "My mom does love me, she just—she doesn't know how to show it." Tony nodded.

He did regret telling Sky her mother didn't love her. He knew it wasn't true, but he thought that if she believed it, she wouldn't care about what he had done.

"Sky, I know she loves you...but not as much as me."

"God, do you even hear yourself. You don't love me, you just don't want me to leave you!" Sky shouted as she hopped off her bed.

"That's not true."

"Yes it is. If you really loved me you would have never done that. She's my mom. She raised me and she loved me." Sky told him. "I know that you didn't exactly have the best relationship with your parents. Don't you want different for me?"

"I want to protect you."

"From what?" She shouted.

"From everything! From the world, people, hatred. I wasn't there to do it for the first 16 years of your life, I'm doing it now." Tony said, now standing up from his chair.

"Hate to break it to you, but I've been protecting myself longer than you've known existed. I don't need you to protect me, I need you to love me."

"I do!"

"Well you need to do a better job of showing it." She mumbled as she sat back down on her bed. Tony looked at his daughter realizing she isn't a little girl who needed him, she was a girl who wanted a dad.

"Your suit."

Sky slowly looked up a Tony, raising her eyebrow. "What?" She asked.

"Do you want to finish your suit?"

"That's not funny." Sky told him and looked back down at the floor.

"Good because it's not a joke. Do you want to finish it or not?" A smile began to form, pulling at the corners of Sky's mouth. She nodded excitedly. "I know you can protect yourself because you're like me. Hard headed, stubborn, practically a genius and amazing."