Prologue

*SCREAMS IN EXCITEMENT*
Karen & Dorinda: WE'RE MOVING TO DALLAS!!!!!

Valerie & Cheryl: Girls. Girls. Girls! Please calm down.

K&D: How do you expect us to calm down, when we're moving to Dallas together!?

Cheryl; Because, that's not the case.

Dorinda: What are you talking about?

Cheryl: We're not moving to Dallas. Val and Karen are.

Karen: I'm not understanding. Mom wha-- what is she talking about?

Valerie: When I got the big promotion for my job, I didn't know that I would have to relocate if I wanted to get a 20% pay raise. It was either, take a pay cut and stay here or move.

Karen: How long have you known?

Valerie: Since I got the promotion.

Karen: MOM! That was almost a year ago! Were you ever planning on telling me!? Or were you just gonna wake me up one morning and say, "Oh Karen, by the way, we're moving to Dallas today."

Valerie: Karen, baby I was planning on telling you. I just didn't know how to tell you. Plus I didn't know if I wanted to take the job or not. But when I decided too, I asked Cheryl to help me break the news to you as well as Doe.

*Dorinda looks at her mom in disbelief*
Dorinda: Mom, you knew about this too?

Cheryl: I did. We were both scared of the reaction that the two of would have, so we decided to come up with a plan on how to tell the two of you together.

Karen: *wiping her tears and looks at her mom* I can't even begin to describe how I feel right now. Do you hate me or something?

Valerie: *turns to her daughter and caresses her face* Karebear, I don't hate you. I just want better for not only myself, but for you as well.

Karen: *moves her mom's hands* You want better for me but you didn't even consider my feelings. I can't even be around you right now. *Gets up and leaves the table*

Valerie: Karen! Karen! *sighs*

Dorinda: I'll go check on her.
Doe gets up and follows Karen

Valerie: *begins to cry* Cheryl, this is not how I wanted this to go. Now, she thinks I hate her.

Cheryl: Valerie, look at me. Karen knows that you don't hate her. She's just upset. Just give her some time. You still have 3 weeks left here before you all leave. How about, Dorinda & I will cancel our vacation and spend the next 3 weeks here with you and Karen?

Valerie: Cheryl, I can't ask you to do that. You & Do have been taking that trip every year since she was 5.

Cheryl: It's okay. Besides, we already have one angry 16 year old, we don't need two.

*IN THE BATHROOM*

Dorinda: Karebear open this bathroom door, I know you're in there.

Karen: Leave me alone Doe.

Doe: Karen. C'mon. Please?

Karen: I said, NO! Now go away.

Doe: *sighs* this stubborn girl. *looks around for something pointy* JACKPOT!

Dorinda finds a hairpin on a table nearby and breaks the lock. After successfully doing so she walks in the bathroom and locks the door behind her. Amazed at the interior design, she begin looking around

Dorinda: Oh! Even this bathroom is bigger than my bedroom.

Karen: I thought I told to leave me alone.

Dorinda: First off, lose the attitude, before I make you lose it and won't be able to find it again. Secondly, when do we ever listen to each other? Now, get up off the floor and come sit down and talk to me.

Karen gets up and sits next to Do
"How could she do this to me? It's not fair!"

Dorinda: Karebear, I know you're upset, but she has a good reason. Better life choices for you and her. I know we won't be together 25/8 after this, but the only things that's gonna change, is your address and telephone number. We'll still be best-friends, we can share the latest gossip and I'll even keep you up to date on everything in the neighborhood and school. How's that sound?

Karen: We have to make a pact--

Dorinda: AHT! AHT! Karen, What is it with you and these pacts?

Karen: C'mon Doe. It's nothing crazy...-

Doe: Aht! The last time you said that. I ended up with a patch of hair missing. 🙄

Karen: *snickers* But it grew back. Eventually. Just do this with me and I promise I won't ask anything else? Please.. my Doe Doe🥺?
I gave her the puppy eyes and the poked out lip knowing that gets her every time

Dorinda: Ugh! Hate when you use that name and those sad puppy eyes. Okay! Fine! Let's do it.

Karen: Okay. We say the pact and do our secret handshake. Deal?

Dorinda: Deal.

Karen: Okay. Repeat after me.
"I promise that no matter what happens in the future, we won't let anything tear our sisterhood apart. No matter the distance, we will always hold each other hands."

Karen: "I promise that no matter what happens in the future, we won't let anything tear our sisterhood apart. No matter the distance, we will always hold each other hands."

We smile and do our secret handshake.

Karen: I love you Doe!
Dorinda: I love you too Karebear!

Dorinda: Now, let's go back out there. This bathroom just called me poor and I'm not having it.

*A month later at the airport*

We stood in the airport at the boarding gate hugging and crying for what seemed like an eternity. If Carolyn Hopkins voice hadn't came on the intercom to tell us, we had 15 minutes to board, we would've stayed in the same position.

"I'm going to miss you so much Do." Karen said.
"So will I." Do responded with tears in her eyes
"You remember the pact?" Karen asked.
"Of course, I do. Plus, I'm wearing this." Do said showing Karen the "bestfriends forever" heart necklace they gave each other.

Both Karen and Dorinda's mom's approached the girls.

"Hey girls, it's time for Karen & I to board our flight." Karen's mom Valerie said while hugging Doe's shoulders

"Valerie and I promise that the two of you will stay in contact as much as possible. How's that sound?" Doe's mom Cheryl asked.

"That sounds good." Karen and Doe said.

"Okay, I think we should get going. C'mon Karen" Valerie said

Karen and Doe hugged each other one last time
"I'll miss you." They both said. Karen then hugged Cheryl, while Valerie hugged Doe

Karen and her mom make their way on the plane.

"Remember the pact!" Doe yelled

Karen turned around smiling holding up her necklace.

"I'll never forget!" She yelled back just before the doors closed.

Dorinda begin to cry.

"Awe honey, everything will be okay. Cheryl said hugging her daughter.

"Why don't we head home and we can cook your favorite. How's that sound?

"Yeah, we can." Do said sadly

Doe and her mom begin walking away as the doors to the airplane closed. She realized that her best-friend was finally gone. She just hopes that Karen will never forget her