XI

*OMNISCIENT POV*

It has been a few days since Thanksgiving and the whole drama thing. Valerie hasn’t gone back to work as of yet due to feeling embarrassed. She is currently sitting her room watching TV. She hasn’t let this situation cause her to be depressed or anything, but she still feels like an asshole. Eric has been calling and paging her ever since their secret was revealed but she ignored him each and every time. After the 20th call, she got frustrated and blocked his ass. School is still out because of the bad weather, so Karen is still at home. She was glad to have her at home, but she didn’t want to feel like a burden on Karen

Karen’s POV

It’s been almost a week since the drama unfolded. To say I was livid was an understatement. To know that the man that my mom spoke so highly of and was ready to go public with their relationship and introduce me to him was married. Not only was he married, but he was married to my teacher. I honestly felt bad for Mrs. Dawns though. I did, however, notice her demeanor change around Eric. I just hope that everything is okay in their marriage.

Since school is still out, I’m going to be hanging with Doe today. We’re probably just going to chill with Jacky and Tam at Tam’s house for the day. I’m already dressed, and I just finished my hair. I decided to go check on my mom and talk with her a bit before I left. I walked to her room and knocked just in case she was still asleep.

*knock knock*

“Come in.”

“Hey Ma.” Karen said entering her mother’s room and sitting on her bed

“Hey baby. I thought you were going with Doe to Tam’s house today?”

“I am. But I wanted to check on you first and make sure that you’re okay. It’s not fault. I mean you didn’t know he was married. So, don’t beat yourself up about it.”

“Thanks baby. I’m okay though. It’s hard, but I’ll get through it. Don’t worry about me.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah sure.”

“Did you love him?”

“I wouldn’t say I loved him loved him, but there were strong feelings. I mean he gave the same in return. He didn’t come off as someone who was married. We would be together in public, but we also made it discreet because of our jobs. We even talked about our goals together in the next 2 years. That’s why we agreed that it was time for the two of you to meet. He played his part so well that I became blinded by it. I feel stupid.”

“Don’t be. Like you said, he gave you what you needed, and he didn’t come off as someone who was a player or anything. He knew what he was doing, and he covered his tracks very well.”

*doorbell rings*

“That’s Doe. I’ll be right back.” Karen went to answer the door