Chapter 19

Cole walked into Arael's room and grinned.

"So today you can leave finally",he told her. She laughed at his enthusiasm. He was almost more excited about her being able to leave than she was. She had been stuck in the hospital wing of her parents' castle for three days and she felt like she would go insane if they didn't let her out soon. Cole had been staying in the room with her and had pulled another hospital bed up next to hers so that they could sleep right next to each other instead of across the room from each other. He had also brought up buying their own castle. She had immediately agreed, not wanting to constantly have their parents hanging around them. There was a third castle in the two Kingdoms that was right on the border so that half was in The Depths and half was in Haven. It was there so meetings between both worlds could happen without having to be invited onto each other's land. There was a spell on the castle that both angels and fallens could walk around freely in it without the worry of the barrier.

"I'll pack your things while you go change out of that thing",Cole told her, motioning to the hospital gown in distaste. She laughed as she walked to the bathroom to change. Cole had very much told her just how much he hated hospital gowns but she still didn't understand why. She decided she needed to shower quickly so she jumped in before getting changed and making her way back into the room to see him standing with a little box wrapped up with a ribbon on top. He looked up and smiled trying to hide how nervous he was but she still noticed.

"What's that?",she asked hesitantly with a small smile on her face as she put the hospital gown down on the bed. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked down at the little box as doubt started to fill his mind. What if she doesn't want this and I've misread everything, he thought to himself.

"It's for you... things have been going really well lately and we've spoken about this so I just thought... why not? So I thought I'd surprise you with it and I'm sorry if it's not what you want. I can return it if you-",Arael cut him off by pressing her lips against his gently. He sighed against her lips and she smiled as she took the box from him.

"You're so cute when you're nervous",she told him softly as she grinned. He pulled away from her, his cheeks turning pink as he stuttered.

"I'm not nervous",he argued. She raised her eyebrow at him as she started carefully removing the paper from the box.

"Uh-huh, sure you aren't",she teased lightly, not convinced. She pulled a small blue box out from the paper and slowly opened it. He watched her face as she gasped and carefully touched the small piece of jewellery.

"How? What? When did you get this",she sputtered. He stepped closer and reached in to get the small piece of silver.

"Not to long ago. I had it specially designed and made for you in the hopes that I could one day give it to you",he told her as he picked it up. Her eyes followed his hands as she placed the box onto the bed.

"Arael...",he began.