Chapter 11

Cole knocked on the door to his room and slowly opened it, revealing Arael standing by his mirror as she cleaned her unwrapped wound. Her shirt lay on the ground, the bandage still around her chest but cut off of her shoulder.

"Hey, little b- I mean Arael. Are you okay?",he asked softly, correcting himself before he called her little bird. She angrily wiped dry blood away from the wound as he closed the door behind him.

"You've been trying to get me to remember you for nearly two years now and I've been trying to be nice to you now when all along you already had a girl that you're planning on having a child with? I know I wasn't the kindest or the most caring or the most considerate or even the most pleasant person to be around but do you not understand how wrong that is and how used and disposable I feel right now? I kissed you and you let me. You kissed me back. You slept next to me last night when you've already got someone. You're a lying, dirty cheater and I hope you enjoy your time with the woman before she realises what you are because you don't deserve her",she told him angrily as tears welled up in her eyes. He stopped worrying once she finished, understanding why she was upset, and he made his way over to her. Taking the cloth from her, he gently cleaned the wound for her before kissing her shoulder.

"There is no other girl. My mother was just talking about the traditions and didn't think to explain. She didn't think at all really. You're the only girl I have my eyes on and before you lost your memory, I was planning on making you my Queen and the mother of my children... But it's not right to force you if you don't remember me. So now I'm going to be forced by my parents to find another girl... Hopefully she'll be as beautiful and kind and caring and perfect as you. But I know that's impossible so I'll have to settle for second best",he told her before letting go of her. She turned to face him and he saw the sadness disappear from her eyes as she hugged him. Pulling back, she kissed his chest gently before looking up at him.

"I might not remember you, but maybe we can just start as friends and I can get to know you",she told him. He grinned as he ran his fingers through her hair soft, blonde hair.

"Deal",he whispered.

* * *

Cole looked around the cabin. His father's men had fixed everything and added extra security to ensure their safety. His deal with Arael was short lived as she almost immediately went back to ignoring him and being rude. He had honestly thought there was a break through but it turned out to just be her jealousy talking.

"We should be safe now",he told Arael and turned around to face her only to find she had already locked herself in her room again.

"I'll get you to remember me soon",he promised under his breath before making his way to the kitchen to make their dinner.

He had never been more tired in his life. It had been a week since Arael promised to get to know him and he had been trying so hard but she just kept pushing him further and further away. No matter what he did. He bought her flowers, took her out, spoke with her and taught her how to make his grandmother's secret pasta that she enjoyed so much but nothing worked. She had managed to build up her walls again and although he could see the weak spots and the cracks, they were just out of his reach.

"Soon, little bird... Soon",he repeated to himself.