Chapter 7

Cole had been stuck in the cabin with Arael for almost nine months at this point. He had spent his twenty first birthday alone in his room while Arael destroyed things in the house. Things had been good for a week or two after he had gotten her away from the city but it hadn't lasted. She had started having nightmares and became violent even around him. She was never violent towards him, but she was still terrifying to watch when she went into one of her episodes. He had tried for seven months to get her to remember him and stop hurting people and breaking everything but she wouldn't listen. She told him she had enjoyed the thrill of it the first time so why stop? Every time she broke something he would shout at her, she would shout back and then he would clean up after her. She was more like his child than his partner. He hated what she was doing but he couldn't get her to stop. He still tried sometimes but his attempts were pointless because she just ignored him and carried on with what she was busy with.

A door slamming closed caught his attention and he stood up. Making his way out of his room, he saw Arael walking lazily down the hall. She had skin tight, black leather pants on which irritated him because he knew how many male fallens would've seen her in them when they should just keep their eyes to themselves. He might not like who she was anymore but he still loved her and wanted to protect her. Along with that she had a tight white shirt on that left nothing to the imagination and a black leather jacket. She had the same black ankle boots on as the ones she was wearing the day he first met her.

"Where were you?",he asked. She rolled her eyes and smirked at him.

"Where do you think?",she asked. He sighed and rubbed his temples. She had stopped being kind to him a month after they had gotten to the cabin and as much as he wished he didn't care, it hurt him that she didn't care like he thought she did.

"Arael, do you even realise how many problems you've caused and how much damage you've inflicted on my land? If you carry on like this I'm going to be forced to send you and your family back to your land",he told her. She laughed maliciously as she walked closer to him.

"No you wouldn't. You love me too much",she said darkly before disappearing into her room. He stormed off to the kitchen and roared as her threw a pot across the room where it hit the wall loudly and fell to the floor. It frustrated him that she was right. He did love her too much to let her go. But for the sake of his land - and his heart - he had to. He had to send her back to her land before she completely destroyed them all.

He left the cabin and took off in search of the mess Arael had caused. Looking down at the ground he could immediately see where she had been. It was the biggest car accident he had ever seen. There was probably close to fifteen vehicles smashed with people running around and lights flashing. Everyone on earth thought everything was perfect in these places but everything was pretty much exactly the same as there. The only difference was that the fallens and angels had wings and could fly where as humans didn't and they could only fly if they were in an airplane.

He made his way down to the accident and started getting people away from the burning vehicles as quickly as he could manage, hoping to salvage as much of their trust in his as he could. It wasn't his fault their - what he hoped - one day queen was unintentionally set on destroying them.