𝐱𝐢: one

[Madisons POV:]

Octavia and I were in the office room after two hours of watching unconscious skaikru bodies get picked up and thrown out of the bunker or saved. Apparently, Jaha and Marcus decided to use the gas that caused anyone to pass out and all 400+ members of their clan, it was sad to watch but I had to remain strong, the responsibility Octavia and I were about to take on was more extreme than anything. And to think that it feels like two weeks ago, I was going to school with my friends. 

This shit really has me messed up, but I kept telling myself I could deal with it later. 

Octavia was talking to Bellamy on the radio as I paced around the room with my thoughts. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough time for them to make it back to Polis and so him and the 7 others with him were gonna go to space and live on the Go-Sci Ring...I had no idea what that was. I was confused on how he managed to pick up three others and unsure of who they were but it didn't really matter. 

I felt really bad for Octavia, she wasn't gonna see her last living family member for 5 years and I'm sure she was sad but so was everyone else, these events occurring were outrageous and I still couldn't even wrap my head around the fact that an apocalypse had occurred. It made sense considering it's been 118 years since I was born but for me it's been 2 weeks, three max.

"5 Years. Can you really survive up there?" Octavia asked Bellamy, pulling me out of my thoughts

"Raven says we can. As soon as it's safe, we'll find a way back down. We will meet again," Bellamy tells her. The guy was very optimistic, I'll give him that.

"I'll be waiting...under the floor," Octavia half-heartedly jokes

"You're not that little girl anymore O, you and Madison have a family to lead now," he replies

"I'm not sure I'm up for this, Bell. All I did was win a fight," Octavia says and I feel the need to interject.

"You didn't just win a fight Octavia, you made the right decision, one I should've made but was too afraid to do, that's why I know that I need you leading with me," I tell her making her look at me intently.

"Exactly, you saved them. But now you have to lead," Bellamy reiterates on what I said.

"How? I'm not a leader. It should be Madison or you or Clarke or --" 

"O, stop. Neither of us could've done what you did, and it wasn't just winning a fight. You gave people hope when there was none. You're -- you're Prometheus, stealing fire from the gods and giving it back to the human race," Bellamy explains and I find myself closing my eyes and smiling at the fact that Becca loved that story and she named the Flame after Prometheus as well. It was like a message from the universe telling me that we really were meant to lead together.

"Prometheus got chained to a rock so that eagles could eat his liver," Octavia says ruining the moment and I can't help but chuckle

"Thanks for ruining my metaphor, O. Madison, please take care of her," Bellamy tells me through the radio.

"I will," I reply as Octavia says, "I love you, big brother. Guess it takes the end of the world for me to say it." 

When he doesn't respond, she says his name but the radio had died. 

"Bellamy-- no, no, no. Come on."

I go next to her and take the radio out of her hands pulling her into a side hug, "may we meet again," she whispers to the universe. 

How lucky she was to have someone love her like this. 

--

Indra had walked in to the office after I comforted Octavia telling us that it was time. The chosen had gathered and we had to make our appearance as leaders now. 

"It's time. I know you're both tired, but we have to focus on the chosen now. 1,200 people are awaiting your orders--when to eat, where to sleep, how to live. The unrest will turn to violence. I've seen it before. You both need to lead them," she announces

I nod towards her and clip my commanders armor and forehead piece back on to my fully clothed in black body walking towards the door when I look next to me and Octavia is still behind the desk.

"O?" I question

"Madison, I'm not a commander," she tells me looking at me

I walk back towards her and look her in the eyes, "Neither am I," I state.

"My sister was, but I spent 18 years living in her shadows and I am done doing that, we aren't commanders, we're reinas and all 1,200 people out there believe in us and I don't know about you but I do not want to let them down," I add.

She looks at me for a few seconds before she starts nodding, and Indra then hands her her own armor similar to mine, except her velvet piece was red while mine was black. The red and black queens.

--

I walk out the office doors with Octavia by my side as I look at the 1,200 people chosen to survive. 

I clear my throat before beginning my announcement, "This is it," I begin with as I start trailing to the top of the ramp to be able to stand in the middle looking down at everyone with Octavia staying where she is, in front of the office doors.

Octavia takes over saying, "We are all that remains of the human race. There will be days when we wish we were out there right now, but I promise you, if we stand togehter, if we are Wonkru, then... from the ashes we will rise."

"The next 5 years won't be easy," I state as they all turn their bodies and tilt their heads upwards towards me, "Not for you. Not for me. And not for Octavia. But we will get through it. Ogeda [together]. Let me be the first to make it clear that if we are going to survive down here, we will need order. Look around you. These are the people you are going to live with, I'm sure you're thinking about which clan they're from. But let it be known that there are NO MORE clans, there is only one crew under mine and Blodreinas rule. I am a natblida yes, and I have the flame, yes but I won't led the black color of my blood make me inferior to the girl who chose to save all of you. Thus, you will listen and obey her just like you will listen and obey me, and together we will finally live in peace!" I exclaim

Everyone in the crowd cheers before I lift up my hand to silence them, "Like I said it's gonna be difficult for all of us, don't think for one second I have got it easy. The AI I have in my head is going to torture me every time I sleep in this bunker because well, within these walls, my sister Bekka Pramheda was burned alive. Every time I go to sleep, the time in which I'm supposed to rest, I will have to watch and feel her get burned alive. And it angers me to think that I have to live in here, but I will do it to survive. We must be ready to do anything to survive or else we won't see the ground again, and our mission as your queens is to make sure that we do make it to the ground again!" I add.

"I will keep the flame in my head with pride, and I will suffer in silence for all of you. Because, just like my sister sacrificed so your ancestors could leave this bunker and go back the ground, it is my turn now, because clearly history is repeating itself, a second praimfaya, but NOT a second pramheda. A blakreina, a queen with black blood, leading with honor next to a blodreina, a queen with red blood." I continue as I walk back down towards Octavia pulling out a pocketknife from my boot. 

Everyone watches in anticipation at what I'm about to do, I slice a think line down my palm and look at Octavia asking her to do the same as I hand her the knife. She slices a line down her palm and her red blood flows out in contrast to my dark black one. 

I clasp our palms together as I chant, "Oso jus ste seim. Oso jus laik won jus. Nau oso tai so op kom won jus [Our blood is the same. our blood is one blood. Now we bind ourselves in one blood]." 

Everyone watches in awe at the union and it finally seems as if a new dawn is upon us. 

One where we are all one.  

--

ahhh!! act one is over, act two is coming soon, whos excited?? this book has truly exceeded my expectations for it and im so excited to continue writing madison story during season 5 (my favorite season)!!!