𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢: planet alpha

[Madisons POV]

"Can you see it? Is it beautiful? It is in my dreams. I hope we do better there. I hope your lives there will be as happy as mine has been. Be the good guys. May we meet again."

Silence. Complete quiet as Raven, Abby, Murphy, Emori, Shaw, and Echo watch Monty and Harper's video.

Even watching it a second time managed to cause me to tear up. I looked down to the ground as the tears threatened to fall down my face. It shocks me to the core to know that Monty and Harper made this great sacrifice for us all, and it makes me sad that I was the last person they ever saw or spoke to, apart from their son, when Monty woke me up from cryo. As much as I related to Monty, I feel as though he should have had his last conversation with someone he was closer to, same goes for Harper.

"I know this is a lot to process. Take an hour and meet in the mess. We need to game this out," Bellamy speaks easing the tension in the room, but everybody stays frozen.

I lift my head to look around, and as I expected everyone is holding back tears. Raven looks the most effected out of them all.

"Guys, we survived. Monty made sure of it," Clarke justifies trying to lift everyone's spirits.

"Now we get our humanity back," Abby says almost in an attempt to give purpose and meaning to everything we had gone through and done up to that point.

She wanted to give justification to the days in the bunker.

"Some of us never lost it," Raven spits spitefully before turning around and storming outside, Shaw immediately chasing after her.

As weird as it is, I'm glad Shaw and her have formed a connection, Raven is a caregiver and someone who puts others before herself, it's time she had someone to look after her.

Everyone begins to pile out of the bridge, leaving me alone staring at the large ethereal planet in front of me through the window.

Planet Alpha.

I knew everything about it, and to think Monty chose this specific planet for us almost feels like some sort of destiny or fate. Ending up here, even a couple centuries later, makes me feel as if my extremely long life came full circle.

Though, for some reason, I still don't feel ready to confront my past on Earth and go down with the first search team.

I don't feel ready discovering what happened to her.

--

I enter the mess and quite frankly want to turn back around. The atmosphere in this place could not be more awkward. Jordan Green is quite literally standing behind a table serving what looks like some green goop. Clarke is standing in the middle of the room looking between a table where Abby is seated alone, and a table in which she clearly is not welcome consisting of the two couples, Bellamy and Echo, &, Murphy and Emori.

"Hey, you see Raven or Shaw?" Bellamy asks Clarke as she walks towards the table her mom is sitting on.

"You know, the people you handed over to our enemy to be tortured," Emori glares.

"Now, for Clarke, we call that a Tuesday," Murphy adds sarcastically.

"Easy. She did the right thing in the end," Echo defends Clarke.

"No. I haven't seen them," Clarke says coldly clearly beginning to be fed up with the way they're treating her, as she seats herself next to her mother.

I walk over to Jordan, not wanting to get involved in all of that.

"Hey," I mutter

"Hello Madison, care for some algae? I'm told it doesn't taste very good, but since it's all I've ever eaten--" Jordan rambles.