𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢: home?

[Madison's POV]

I've been at this for 10 minutes now-- harshly scrubbing Kane's blood off my palms. It's no use.

I look up and stare at my reflection in the mirror. Pale skin, blue eyes, and platinum blonde hair stare back at me, but the only thing I see is an empty shadow of a person who was and never will be again.

Who was I now?

My days as the underdog in Becca's shadow were over. My days as the girl awoken from cryosleep were over. Even my days as Blakreina were over. 

A new chance stood before me: a new home, new people, and hopefully a new me.

Kane was completely justified for lashing out at Octavia and I. I can only imagine the pain we caused him in the past. 

But that's what it was now...the past. I sure as hell will not take any more condemnation thrown at me for the events that happened 125 years ago. 

It was time to move on and finally live. God knows the one thing I need, to finally feel like myself again, is to live out the rest of the life I had back on Earth before the 1st apocalypse. So that's exactly what I intend to do. 

With that thought in mind, I look back down and finish washing my hands of Kane's blood completely, essentially washing away the last ounces of guilt and shame I will allow myself to feel in regard to the days of the bunker. 

I look back up at my reflection and this time I see glimmering blue eyes full of hope, and a face that wants to explore the new world we've come across. 

I know who I am now, it's who I've always wanted to be: Madison Franko, the Eligius III explorer.

-----

I walk out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind me, just in time to hear alarms go off. 

I look around confused by what's going on, so I decide to go and find Raven. I'm running through the halls before I turn my head to the right and find her in the cryo room.

"Hey, what's going on?" I ask. 

"Madison, thank god you're here, the ships been hijacked," Raven replies. 

I look at her fingers moving on 1 of the crypod digital locks. I look at said cryopod, and find it's Diyoza's. 

"Are you waking up Diyoza?" I ask, baffled.

"Yes, as ridiculous as this is, she's the only one who can help us now," she replies. Fair point.

"Come on. Wake up. I cannot believe I'm doing this," Raven mutters under her breath as we wait for Diyoza's eyes to flutter open.

We both look at each other wearily before a third voice sounds out in the room. She's awake.

"Yet you are. How bad is it?" Diyoza asks then adds, "Save the details. She kicked," referring to her daughter whose been housed in her belly for quite literally centuries. I would not want to be that fetus. 

"We've been hijacked, 4 people in neoprene suits with breathing regulators," Raven informs her.

"Weapons?" Diyoza questions

"They're using gas grenades to move our people to the mess hall, but, yeah, they have weapons," Raven answers.

Wait.."If they're keeping our people in the mess hall, that means they control the bridge. It also means they know you just woke Diyoza up," I realize and inform them.

"Exactly. We have to move now," Raven stresses

"I have a better idea," Diyoza smirks. She order us to get into 2 empty cryo pods quickly before they enter the room. We do as she says promptly.