𝐱𝐢𝐯: only option left

Madisons POV:

I was sick of this.

Still stuck in the hydroponic farm, Kane, Abby and I were wide eyed because the noise outside was brutal. I could hear Octavia shouting when Kara barged into the farm. 

Kara grabbed a gun and pointed at Abby, and Kane protectively got in front of her, pleading, "Cooper, what is it? What's happening? Cooper, don't. No. Wait. Don't!"

She then turned the gun towards her head when a knife flew straight into her palm, I turn my head and there was Octavia. Actually right now she didn't look like Octavia, she looked like Blodreina. She was covered in red blood and I did not want to know what happened outside. 

"It won't be that easy," she muttered as Kara looked at her hand in shock.

Two of the guards quickly came in and broke my restraints free helping me up, as Indra put on my armor and forehead piece. 

Octavia stated, "Abby, you need to check on Jaha right now, hes in the generator room,"

We all started running to make our way there and by the time we made it Jaha looked like he was heaving his last breaths. 

"Thelonious...It's not just blood. It's bile. I think he perforated his liver. I need something sharp. I need to get in there now," Abby shouted

"Abby... you can't fix me this time," Jaha exhaled

"Thelonious...Thelonious, fight," Marcus pleaded, they have known each other for so long.

"I think his fight is over," I whispered sadly

"Promise me that you'll take care of Ethan," Jaha pleaded

"You have our word. We'll take care of the boy," Octavia responded

"F-forgive me Madison," he asked

"I have Jaha, you can rest now," I told him solemnly

"Just take me home, Marcus. Take me to my wife. Take me to Wells," he asked wishing to see his family again.

"In peace, may you leave the shore. In love, may you reach the next. Safe passage on your travels...until our final journey to the ground," and just as Kane muttered the last word of the passage, we could feel a life being lost in the midst of the circle we formed.

"May we meet again," Kane stated

"May we meet again," we repeated.

--

I was furious. 

As much of a bother as Jaha could be, we needed him. He knew this bunker more than Octavia and I did combined. He was also a good man, he was loyal and always protected his people. 

Octavia and I were in our office, and could hear everyone gathered outside in the rotunda. We had made our decision. 

There was only one option left. 

My question from a couple of hours ago was answered: To survive, you must sacrifice. 

And we decided that we would. 

"Are we making the right decision?" Octavia asked looking in the mirror at her still bloodied appearance. 

"It's the only option left." I muttered as I slit a knife through my palm and watched my night blood seep out, I then smeared my palms together and wiped them across my eyes horizontally creating a black mask on my face.

Indra then barged into the office along with Gaia, "Your people await justice. Come. Let's clean you up before--"

She was cut off by Gaia, "No."

"Gaia... if you dare say the spirits of the commanders object, then I must remind you that the only spirit left is Madisons," Indra stated annoyed

"I don't believe they have. Madison is still here. Our faith dictates that only a true commander can unite the clans, which is you Madison, but without you Octavia we would be lost. You won the conclave. You delivered us from Praimfaya. Today, you delivered us from starvation. I now believe that you will deliver us back to the ground alongside heda," Gaia concluded.

"Come. You'll both need clean armor," Indra spoke

"Leave it. Let them see them like this. The blood of our enemies is their armor," Gaia referred to Octavia and I as we both looked at each other. 

Trying to save ourselves was an option long gone. 

We both had already descended into the savagery, the loneliness, and the desire to survive; not for ourselves, but for our people. 

--

We walk out of the office and everyone goes silent. We could see the guilty kneeling down in front of us in the arena, among them Kara.

"There are too many people in this bunker...and if we don't do something about this...none of us will survive to see the sun, the sky, the ground, and we won't let that happen. Each of you have committed crimes against Wonkru, and the punishment for this...is death," Octavia exclaims as we start walking up the railway watching as everyone moves aside for us.

"Let me remind you that there is no Skaikru. There is only Wonkru and the enemies of Wonkru. But this isn't the ark, and this isn't the ground, either. There is no blood must have blood. Some of you believe my arrival is history repeating itself so why not keep the pattern going? In rome, the gladiators had the opportunity to fight for their freedom...and so will you," I shout as Octavia and I both unsheath our swords and hold them above our heads. "Conclave rules. Win the fight, and save your life!" I exclaimed before Octavia and I sat on out thrones placed in the middle of the railway on our sides Gaia, Indra, and Miller.

We watched as Kara quickly ran before everyone else and picked up both swords using them to slaughter the rest of the guilty. She fought hard and she saved her life. Maybe she could be of use after all. 

I'm sorry I'm doing this to our people Becca. 

But please know, this is the only option left.