𝐱𝐢𝐱: all of me for all of us

[Madisons POV]:

"They don't know we're coming, so all three Northern passes will be wide open. But the village will be fortified. Where's the water source?" Octavia says as we begin our meeting. Outside was the first battalion from our army, approximately 50 soldiers, lined up and ready to march onto Shallow Valley. 

Louwada Kliron Kru, Shallow Valley Clan. The 100 people that were chosen to join Wonkru from that clan were unique compared to the rest, they were peaceful and joyful, but we made warriors of them yet, which now is seeming to pay off as they are in the meeting room with Octavia, Cooper, Indra, and I as we mapped out the entrance we were going to have our army march through. 

"Why? What are you thinking?" Indra asks.

Suddenly, Miller barges into the room with Clarke and Bellamy behind him,

"My question exactly," Clarke states.

"Miller your orders were to go--," Cooper starts but then Miller cuts her off, "I know my orders. I think we should listen to what Clarke has to say."

"You can't take the sea route," Clarke remarks.

"And why not? You said the sea was gone, does that not make it passable Clarke?" I question raising a brow.

"Yes, maybe. But you have to understand--" Clarke starts before I cut her off with a smile, "Maybe...is good enough for me."

I turn to Octavia, "Let's move out," she orders.

"O.," Bellamy begins as he gets closer to Octavia and I, and our guards aim at him

"Stand down," Octavia says to them, "Please, O, just hear us out," Bellamy continues.

"Madison, we're all on the same team. No one wants to get to that valley more than me. It's my home. But this way is too risky," Clarke directs towards me with a hopeful tone as I turn to stare at her.

"Risky how?" Indra asks

"Fine then, show me," I answer Clarke. 

We turn to the map on the table once more as Clarke points to the route we were preparing to take, "You chose the shortest route, which makes sense, but the dry seabed is hit by almost constant sandstorms," she starts.

"We have the tents, the one thing we can thank that bunker for, so, sand won't be a problem," I cut her off.

"It's not just sand. Some of it is crystalized in Praimfaya. I'm talking shards of glass like razor blades. Your tents will be torn to shreads and so will you," Clarke explains.

"Blakreina is right. Besides, we can only carry rations for 7 days. The sea route will take 6. The next shortest path adds 50 miles. That's two days if we're lucky," Cooper emphasizes on my point to stick with the short route.

"How do we know there won't be sandstorms on the longer routes?" Indra fires another question.

"Enough. We're doing this. The hydrofarm is barely feeding us now, so if this is the last living valley on Earth, then it should be ours," Octavia states and I nod in agreement.

"Diyoza thinks the same thing," Bellamy retaliates.

"And so we fight," I exclaim.

Theo kom Louwada Kliron Kru then packs up the map and follows along with Cooper as Octavia and I walk out the room and towards our army.

"First Battalion! Mount Up!" Indra orders as Octavia and I get into position to march at the front.

I turn towards Octavia, "For our people"