𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢: heartbreak

[Flashback; March 12th, 2045: 3 weeks before the Eligius IV Launch]:

"Becca, are you sure I'm allowed on here?" Madison asks her older sister as they stand on the bridge of the Eligius IV ship.

"Yes, trust me it's fine, they're using my help to prep this ship, did you forget?" Becca replies

"Exactly, your help, not mine, I may be unwelcome," Madison whispers back.

"You're a Franko Madison, as long as you're with me, you are always welcome," Becca smiles at her younger sister thinking she is comforting her when really that statement made Madison feels lower than ever, and if anything more like second-best. 

"Ah! Miles Shaw, it's finally a pleasure to meet you," Madison turns her head towards who her sister was talking to, only to find a biracial, brown eyed fine man. Her eyes widen before she regains her composure. 

"Becca Franko, the honor is mine, I am a huge fan," Shaw giddily replies before his eyes land upon Madison and he asks wide eyed, "and who's this?" 

Before Madison could open up her mouth to answer, Becca replies, "Madison, my younger sister, would you mind giving her a tour, this is her first time on the ship."

"Uh, yeah, for sure," Shaw says shyly as he begins to walk off

Madison looks towards her sister nodding at her, before following Shaw. The two make small talk as he shows her each room of the ship before they get to the cryopod room.

"Wow," Madison whispers in shock

"Yup, your sister works miracles," Shaw says thinking Madison would be happy to hear about her sisters success for the billionth time, instead she starts tearing up and blurts out, "I'm never going to be her. I mean look at this," she says in awe of the pods made to preserve humans for an endless amount of time as she adds, "people need to stop comparing me to her, I will never be this good at what I do, I shouldn't even be related to her."

Shaw looks at her confused, "wait what are you talking about?" 

Madison without meaning to starts to continue as she cries even more, "Nobody knows who I am, my one friend who liked me for me is gone now too, everyone else only knows me as Becca's younger sister, when Becca should be ashamed that I'm related to her by blood, I will never compare to her, I would fail in every way possible if I tried to be her." 

"Hey, hey, hey, I don't know who's been saying that stuff to you, but trust me I don't look at you as Becca's younger sister, you're Madison and I'm sure there are amazing qualities you have that she doesn't, don't ever think like that again, please," Shaw emphasizes looking Madison in the eyes.

As she dries up her tears with her sleeve, she apologizes, "I'm sorry, you probably don't even care or want to hear this, please forgive me,"

"No, no, it's alright, and I do care, come let me show you the living quarters," Shaw says with a smile. Madison nods back with a smile before letting him lead her to the rest of the ship. 

That was the beginning of their story, everyday for the three weeks to follow, Madison came with Becca onto the ship, not to hang out with her sister, but to hang out with Shaw who was the first person to make her feel like her own self, and surely they developed feelings for each other. Not love. No, not love, because they knew that in three weeks, they would probably never see each other again, but they enjoyed the time they had, making use of each day on Eligius IV. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hii! im rlly sorry for not updating, busy with skl and tbh i lost some inspo for this book! but i started rewatching the 100 again to gain the inspiration and im glad i did, i promise you this book will be completed just bear with me. i've made the choice to completely finish this book then continue my new one to focus on one storyline at a time!! :)

anyone wanna guess who madisons "one friend" was hehehe?? ;)