𝐱𝐢𝐢: hell

46 days after praimfaya

[Madisons POV]

It had been 46 days of living underground.

46 days of living in the bunker my sister was burned alive in.

46 days of not even being able to get a glimpse of the sun.

Was there even a sun anymore? Was there light at the end of the tunnel? I don't know.

What I do know is that it has been 46 days of hell. 

To occupy my time, Octavia and I would train. She taught me how to be a proper warrior and said that the grounders respected those who could fight well, that's why they consider her one of them...and also because she's Indras second. 

We were training together right now along with Miller in a room we designated to become a training room. I was currently standing on the side in some black skinny jeans and a black tank top watching Octavia, in all honesty, kick Millers ass. Then, in walked Indra.

"Reinas, the delegates have assembled," she announced holding up our armor to put on.

I internally groaned as I remembered about the meeting where we were gonna talk about how to live a sustained life in this hellhole.

I walked up to Indra and took my black velvet shoulder armor and put on my forehead piece which I didn't wear for the purpose of reminding everyone that I was more superior than Octavia, but for the fact that I felt at comfort wearing it as it reminded me of the fact that I was connected with my sister and that I had the flame. 

I then took Octavias armor from her and walked up handing it to her,

"Dressing me up doesn't fool anyone. My blood is red, and it always will be," she tells me

"And I told you a million times that I don't care! My blood was red once too." I reply back softly trying to convince her that she is not inferior. 

"Symbols matter, Octavia, these symbols. Trust me. The more people connect you to them, the easier it is for you to lead alongside Madison," Indra announces from behind us.

When we she was finally convinced, she put on her red velvet shoulder piece and we started heading to the meeting room when we were stopped by Niylah.

"Blak and Blod reinas"

"Stop." Octavia muttered

"Hi Niylah," I chuckled finding it hilarious that she was calling us that instead of our names because we had become quite close over the last 46 days.

I kept walking next to Indra while Octavia stopped to talk to Niylah for a few moments than caught up to us. The next person stopping us on our path was Gaia, who was glaring at Octavia. Let's just say my flemkeipa wasn't content with the fact that I was choosing to lead alongside someone instead of on my own like every other commander. But I wasn't a commander, I wasn't "Pramheda the second", I was just Madison. 

Madison, a girl who woke up to find out her sister was dead, the world had ended, and that it was 100 years later meaning I should've been dead as well but I wasn't thanks to a stupid cryopod. It was clear to everyone that my mental health was deteriorating as the days went on inside this bunker. 

The fact that it feels as if it was a couple weeks ago that I was arguing with Becca about ALIE and now its a century later was something I didn't know how to cope with. It also didn't help that every time I would sleep, I would wake up because of the same damn memory I'm always watching. 

My sister being burned alive. 

At first it was bad, I was screaming every night and thrashing around and Octavia had to always go and grab Miller to hold me down and Niylah to help calm me down if I wasn't waking up. I was so thankful for those three, they had become like my siblings. 

But now, I've gotten used to it. It still occurs but my mind is able to realize that I'm not actually being burned alive which was a huge deal because these memories were felt so real it was indescribable. 

But anyways, as Gaia glared down at Octavia, I couldn't help but bite my lip to fight the laugh emitting from my mouth. 

"Great. Here we go again. Complain to your mother and commander." Octavia tells Gaia not willing to listen to another one of her complaints.

"Heda-" Gaia says before I cut her off, "Gaia, if you really can't see that I need Octavia then take it this way, as heda I order you to be okay with this," I chuckle 

"Bu-" she tries to speak again

"Ah, ah, ah I thought fleimkepas listened to their commanders," I tease cheekily as she groans then starts walking off while Indra, Octavia and I keep walking laughing quietly about the situation.

--

We were now 15 minutes into this meeting and I was so sick of it. 

"Keibor kom Delfikru don jak tronkova op kom Sangeda ridon [Cabur of Delphi clan stole blankets from Sangeda quarters]!" the Sangedakru delegate argued

"Bilaik trompen loud [A brazen lie]!" Cabor, who also happened to be the Delphikru ambassador, argued back.

"Bilaik vaucha, you; em hedsweden nou ste ifi nowe. Hashta Sangeda koud em bes teik rokshawa in en em seingeda bes ge ban au [There are witnesses; his guilt is not in question. By Sangedakru law he should be stoned and his family cast out]"

They continue to argue as I flit my eyes between them both but then Kane steps in, 

"And on the ark, he would have been floated, but surely here, we can instill a justice system where the punishment fits the crime," Kane adds wisely, maybe I should ask him to lead with me too. 

"Kripon-de ona osir; en osir raitnes beda win au [The crime was against us; and our justice should prevail]." the Sangeda delegate snaps

"Souda ai remin ogeda og deyon dei de der are nou mou krus [Must I remind everyone evryday that there are no more clans]?" I exclaim loudly deciding to speak up and everyone instantly shuts up.

"So much for wonkru," Octavia mutters next to me

"The reinas are right. There are no seperate clans here. You do well not to forget that," Indra declares

"Alright. Then what punishment do the reinas impose?" the Sangedakru delegates asks sarcastically

"For stealing blankets? Give them back." Octavia says as if it was a no brainer. 

"What's next?" I sigh when we suddenly here loud bangs coming from on top of us. 

I am confused until I realize that on top of us is the bunker door hatch and my eyes widen. Could someone be outside?

"Shh. Quiet. Somebody's out there. Here. Let me," Kane says as he gets up and leaves the room to go upstairs and check it out. 

When no one else has anything to complain about, I announce that the meeting is adjourned and quickly jog to mine and Octavias room. 

I take off the armor and head piece leaving me in my jeans and tank top as I crawl into my bed with the blanket around me. 

I'm sad to say this has also become daily habit for me, once I was sure my responsibilities of the day were done, I would leave everyone out there socializing and stay in my bed alone silently crying. 

I was in my own personal hell. I didn't know how to cope. I had lost everything and everyone from my time on Earth, everyone I knew was dead like they should be because they were from my time, a time which was a century ago. I didn't feel like I deserved to still be alive while they weren't. 

So, I stayed in my room crying myself to sleep unaware of the events happening outside.