Chapter 1

Lost Girl

<--Chapter 1-->

I quickly put my red hair in a high ponytail while running out of my room, taking my school bag on the way, I hurried to leave the house. I was running down the stairs and was about to continue my way to the door when I was stopped by my mom. 

"Taylor, sweetie, you've already missed the bus. Maybe you should just take the day off?" She asked, hoping I'd agree. I sighed, "No, it's ok mom, I'll walk," I said and quickly made my way to the door. "Taylor, I just don't have a good feeling about today. Please just take the day off," she pleaded, her face filled with concern.

"Mom, I'll be fine, I promise," I replied softly. My mother sighed and nodded with a small smile.

"Be safe," she said before I got to leave. "I will," I replied and left the house, closing the door behind me.

I walked through the empty streets in the early morning, stopping for a moment to take in a deep breath, and then continued walking to school.

On the way to school, I felt like I am being watched. I turned to look but saw no one. Shrugging, I continued walking. "Excuse me?" A deep voice asked from behind me. I jumped a little from the sudden voice. "Yeah?" I asked, turning around to face a tall boy, around my age, with platinum blond hair and a large scar across his face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Do you mind helping me get directions to the school? I'm new and quite lost." he said with no emotion in his voice. "Um yeah, sure. I'm actually going there right now. You can join if you'd like." I said softly with a small smile. He smiled back and nodded.

"Thank you," he said as we started walking side by side to the school.

"No problem, so what's your name?" I asked. "Felix," he answered.

"Felix..." I repeated. "What are you doing here? Joining in the middle of the school year?" I asked curiously.

He chuckled. "You are just full of questions," he said with a smirk.

I smiled and looked forward. "I guess I am," I looked back at the boy. "So are you going to answer my question?" I pushed. He let out a small laugh and nodded.

"I was kicked out of my old school, I was a 'troublemaker' as they said. So my parents and I moved here" the blond answered simply but he looked as if something was bugging him as he spoke.

I hummed in response and continued walking, looking forward.

After another while of silent walking, we arrived at the school. "Do you need help getting to your class?" I asked, even though I was soon to be late. "No, I'll find my way," he said, then walked into the school and disappeared in the long halls packed with students rushing to get to their class. 

I entered my classroom, and right after I entered, entered my math teacher. I took my seat right next to the window and was already bored.

Paying no attention to what the teacher said, I scribbled on my paper some random squiggly lines instead of taking notes for the upcoming exam. It was all normal until the light shut off and my teacher got a phone call. She answered it confused but her confused expression turned into a worried one almost instantly as she looked at all of us both shocked and scared.

"Ok, we're going into lockdown. Stay here and be quiet until I tell you it's safe." She said quietly, then started texting on her phone repeatedly. "Is there a school shooting?" A girl in the back asked. My teacher shook her head, not looking at the girl. "There is a serial killer in our town. Stay in the class and keep quiet until it's safe." The teacher repeated what she had said before. The girl nodded her head quietly and stayed silent with the rest of the class, although you could feel the tension and fear in the air.