Chapter 8

Lost Girl

<--Chapter 8-->

I don't think a week has ever gone so fast. I laid awake in bed, waiting for the right moment. I know that this plan's chances of succeeding are very slim, but I will take my chances—anything to get off this place. 

At around midnight, when I know everyone is asleep, I carefully step out of bed. I quietly slip my shoes on, stopping whenever I hear the smallest of noises, and then, I leave. 

I make sure to be as quiet as possible while walking across the camp, making sure I don't step on dry leaves or branches, or anything that could make a noise. I look around every other second, checking if anyone is awake or there.

The second I make it out of camp, I make a run for it. 

I sprint across the forest, dodging trees or low branches. 

Once I make it to the beach, I am greeted by the shadow. "You're late." It simply said with its low voice, floating a few feet in the air. "Sorry, it was kind of difficult to get out of camp without being noticed." I said, looking at my feet.

"Never mind that, we must leave now before Pan notices you're gone." It says, floating even higher now. I get chills when he says his name. The shadow flew closer to me and reached out its hand. I hesitated. 

Why am I hesitating?

"Wait," I said, bringing my hand back before I placed it in his. "How is this going to work?" I asked. It gave an irritated sigh, but before he could answer, there was a ruffling in the bushes.

I shot my head in the direction of the sound, taking a step back. My heart was pounding in my head, my arms started to get sweaty. Was I caught? I was so close to escaping. 

Peter walked out.

"Shit," I breathed out.

"Taylor. Where do you think you're going?" He said with a warning tone. 

"I- uh-" I stuttered. I was in pure, utter shock. 

"Not leaving me, are you, dear?" 

Chills went down my spine when he called me 'dear'. He took a step toward me, I took a step back. "You know what bad of a choice that would be." He said, but this wasn't his normal voice. It was dark and scary and it made me want to disappear. I noticed his eyes weren't their usual cheery green eyes, but dark, nearly black. He had an evil smirk plastered across his lips with a hint of mischief in them.

 I looked up and the shadow was gone. Little bitch, I thought. Peter kept taking steps toward me, and I took steps back until I felt the coldness of the water hitting me.

"You have nowhere to go, darling." He said, taking a final step toward me. 

I was in the water now. Peter reached out to get a hold of my arm, but before he could, the shadow swept up from behind me and lifted me in the air. 

I let out a loud scream, holding ever so tightly to the shadow, I watched as Peter got smaller and smaller. I could still see his furious expression, his face was starting to turn red, and... fire was coming out of his palms as he screamed in frustration. 

The island was getting smaller now and then disappeared in the clouds.

I looked up and all I saw was the night sky, lit up by the stars.

But then everything went black.

~Unedited~

So sorry for the wait and for the short chapter!! Please don't hate me!