Chapter 11

Lost Girl

<--Chapter 11-->

"No! You are NOT leaving!" Mom yelled once she heard the news. We were eating breakfast and I knew I had to tell her eventually. "I have to! If I stay then he will take me in a matter of days! Don't you rather me being alive than having me taken away from you in a few days?" I asked. I didn't want to leave either, but this is the only option.

"But I just got you back, I'm not ready to let you go yet," She said with tears brimming in her eyes. "I know, mom, I know." I hugged her tightly. She wrapped her arms around me, tears streaking down her cheeks. 

"This is for the best," I reassured her and a sob was the reply.

She let go of the hug. "You're right. This is for the best. He will keep you safe and when the time is ready then you will come back, right?" She asked me with red, puffy eyes. 

"Definitely," I said with a small smile.

She wiped her eyes and smiled. "When are you leaving?" 

"Tomorrow morning."

*

I was sitting on the bench in the rose garden. "Dark One!" I yelled. 

"Why all the yelling? I might look old but my hearing is perfectly fine." I chuckled at his response, but then my face turned serious. 

"I've made my decision."

"Which is...?" He urged, clearly annoyed. 

"I'll come with you. I've talked to my mom and she agrees. This is the only option." I said, looking into his yellow eyes.

"You made the right decision, deary."He said with a smirk. "When are we leaving?" He asked, "You can't stay here for too long."

"I know," I responded, looking at my feet, but then back at him. "We leave tomorrow morning."

"Then it's final, tomorrow morning you and I shall leave. I suggest you start packing, deary, because you won't have a chance to come back here."

"What?" I asked, surprised. 

"You are not the only thing he is after. Pan is after the heart of the truest believer and when he gets that heart, and trust me, he will, he will be unstoppable. Once he gets that heart, he will take over every kingdom, search under every rock until he finds you." Chills ran down my spine as he said that. 

Do I really mean that much to Pan? So much that he will take over kingdoms for me? 

Something about that made me feel something weird in my stomach, something I have never felt before. It was this kind of warmth, I loved it. It was comforting, but as soon as it came, it was gone.

The Dark One was right, I should start packing if I really do want to leave in the morning. 

I went straight to my room and packed all my things in a dufflebag: clothes, books, jewelry personal hygiene, undergarments, corsets, spellbooks. Anything I needed I put in that bag. I couldn't afford leaving anything behind. 

Once I was all packed it was already midday. I really did not have much time left, and I wanted to spend every minute I had with my family.